The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Tyrers

Ian Ian

:):) Just put some new Tyrers on the soop they look great and seem very good at the moment not had chance to push them yet tho :p

Vrederstein Ultrac Sessanta,s 235/40/18 Front and 265/35/18 on the Back ..............Anybody used these before ? ive seen some very good reviews on them but cant find the links now !!

Cheers

-Ian -

:):) Just put some new Tyrers on the soop they look great and seem very good at the moment not had chance to push them yet tho :p

Vrederstein Ultrac Sessanta,s 235/40/18 Front and 265/35/18 on the Back ..............Anybody used these before ? ive seen some very good reviews on them but cant find the links now !!

Cheers

-Ian -

They look impresive anyway!!:)

They are made in Holland, and the reviews based on 12 tests 6 in the wet and 6 in the dry ive see are very good beating the "named brands" ie Pirelli, goodyear, dunlop, Toyo etc etc Prices are a slightly more expensive than Falcons

-Ian-

Tread looks VERY similar to the Goodyear F1s :) Must be good as they're about the best tyre you can get for the Supe ;)

Yeah I have seen these advertised in car mags here in Holland and thought exactly that about the tread pattern. From the ad picture the texture looks very similar to the eagle f1. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a made under license copy or something like that. I would buy my tyres here but they are so sodding expensive. I will be ordering two falkens from camskill later on today or tomorrow £116 each for 275 35 18 452's not bad seeing as I paid over £200 each for the pirrelis that only lasted about 3000 miles.

i changed from f1s to potenzas and find these very grippy;)

Yeah I used these at first on my first supra, better grip in the dry than the eagle f1 but the wet performance is not so good. That said they have gone through at least one evolution since I used them. They tend to be more expensive than F1's as well

• 2 weeks later...
I got some Marangoni Mythos tyres, well priced and perform well (had never heard of them before)

Budget tyres afaik mate. Have you had any other tyres previous to compare against?

Not slating them as i've not tried them personally, but my mate has them on his S3 and is far from convinced.

:)

Can you talk about these in this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=121244 and add another write up in a couple of thousand miles? Those tires look good, but I'm curious how they shed water to the outside. It looks like the water would get trapped in those grooves in the middle.

Which Potenzas? I've just ordered the 960 Pole Positions as they are supposed to be very good in the wet.

Can you talk about these in this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=121244 and add another write up in a couple of thousand miles? Those tires look good, but I'm curious how they shed water to the outside. It looks like the water would get trapped in those grooves in the middle.

Which Potenzas? I've just ordered the 960 Pole Positions as they are supposed to be very good in the wet.

OK Will do ;)

• 2 months later...
;) Will keep you posted there great in the Dry but not had chance to push them in the wet yet TBH

-Ian-

I will be putting the same tyres as Ian on my supe.

After following Ian through wales and it was PI**ING DOWN !!!!

he wasn't having any problems with grip....;)

they came on the rims i got reacently...not bad for a budget tyre, enuf for some very spirited driving and equally good in the wet, they are easy to tell when your near the limit.. but they will never be in the same league as potenzas etc but then there no where near the price.

leaving them on there 4 now..when they wear down i will go to potenzas as ive been in a couple of sups now with these and there nothing short of emence!

they came on the rims i got reacently...not bad for a budget tyre, enuf for some very spirited driving and equally good in the wet, they are easy to tell when your near the limit.. but they will never be in the same league as potenzas etc but then there no where near the price.

leaving them on there 4 now..when they wear down i will go to potenzas as ive been in a couple of sups now with these and there nothing short of emence!

I've just put Potenzas all round on my Supe and the grip is in a completely different league to the Kuhmo Ecsta Supras and Sportivas that were on it before. Fantastic tyres!