The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone tried the xs power Gt45?

Reesen

I know it´s not a super great turbo, but is it any good?

Maybe some of you tried it, and can tell me something about spooling time, 600-700 hp how would it work there, ect..

Couse im going singel this winter, and havent got the big money so should i spent a litle more on a BL or garrett?

This properly have been up some times before, but it´s never getting old :-)

But if some of you should have a gret turbo for sale, then let me know ;)

tDR From what I've read steer clear. Self destructing turbos are not my idea of fun or good value.

Cheers,

Brian.

I hear you! But just wondered if someone in here had tried it?

And no qeston asked, if I could get a BL 67 ore a simuler garrett at a fair price, I would bay it asap, but no one seems to got any they wanna get rid of ;-)

RobSheffield If you dont have the money, dont do it

Haha.. No, I wanna..... Just think that the BL t61 is to litle, dont think that can take me to 600-650 hp that is my goal!!

But back to the question.. How would a GT45 from XS power perform when im "only" looking for 600 hp... :-)

Haha.. No, I wanna..... Just think that the BL t61 is to litle, dont think that can take me to 600-650 hp that is my goal!!

But back to the question.. How would a GT45 from XS power perform when im "only" looking for 600 hp... :-)

what ecu, injectors, and manifold, and wastegate are you planning to get your 600 ponies from mate

Not bein funny but how do you know you want a 600 bhp car? Have you ever driven one? Have you ever actually been in a genuine 600 bhp car. I'll put it this way my car when I bought it was touted as having 600 bhp. Theres no way on this or any other planet my car has or will have 600 bhp with its current setup. Thats not to say that the car is slow. Its very very very fast. I daren't think how fast an actual 600 bhp car is. Scary I imagine.

My advice for what its worth is stay in the power band that you can afford good quality parts to get you there. Poor quality parts will pretty much knacker anything you strap them onto. Bear in mind here you are strapping a turbo on the side of the engine and I would start to think that cheapo turbo's are a bad idea. Leave them to the scoobs and old fords huh!!

Not bein funny but how do you know you want a 600 bhp car? Have you ever driven one? Have you ever actually been in a genuine 600 bhp car. I'll put it this way my car when I bought it was touted as having 600 bhp. Theres no way on this or any other planet my car has or will have 600 bhp with its current setup. Thats not to say that the car is slow. Its very very very fast. I daren't think how fast an actual 600 bhp car is. Scary I imagine.

My advice for what its worth is stay in the power band that you can afford good quality parts to get you there. Poor quality parts will pretty much knacker anything you strap them onto. Bear in mind here you are strapping a turbo on the side of the engine and I would start to think that cheapo turbo's are a bad idea. Leave them to the scoobs and old fords huh!!

wise words from a wise old boy:D;)

I see, so that's BPU+++++ for me then (GReddy 3-Row FMIC, BL tranny, PI 4,000 stall TC, TRD 2-Way LSD, MAP2 ECU) :)

Or maybe BPU====D is more apt, if we're gonna get em out an wave em about with such annotation :D

Cheers,

Brian.

The only car I know that really used the GT45 in anger was Steve Whittaker on his red Pro supra. IIRC he said it spooled around 4500rpm in top and didn't come fully online until 6000rpm in the lower gears so is very laggy compared to smaller turbos.

I think it was around the 650-750rwhp mark, so is really just a drag turbo, not something you'd ever want on a daily driver.

BTW, there's no such thing as BPU++++ (provided we're using the defintions of BPU as set out by Suprastore)

BPU meant the Basic upgrades we already know well (see link)

BPU+ was plus cam gears

BPU++ was plus cam gears and lightweight crank pulley

If we go beyond this we're just making stuff up to please our own definitions.

LOL well i had.. The decat, free flow exhaust, FCD, and FMIC that I believe they call BPU on supraforums. Then I had a plus for hks cams and cam gears, a plus for water injection, a plus for safc2, a bit of a plus for an array of defi gauges, a plus for a dual solenoid boost controller, And I stuck on extra plus's for a G&B retrim, upgraded brakes, optima yellow top battery, Engine grounding kit, and a dyno sheet saying 395 bhp at the hubs :D

LOL well i had.. The decat, free flow exhaust, FCD, and FMIC that I believe they call BPU on supraforums. Then I had a plus for hks cams and cam gears, a plus for water injection, a plus for safc2, a bit of a plus for an array of defi gauges, a plus for a dual solenoid boost controller, And I stuck on extra plus's for a G&B retrim, upgraded brakes, optima yellow top battery, Engine grounding kit, and a dyno sheet saying 395 bhp at the hubs :D

Yeah, but that was Thor HP wasn't it? So was actually flywheel.

Hey I can put plus's where I like for what I like lol :p

It was on a proper print out an evryfin :D

My point really was that my car as BPU with extras was as quick as my current car is (ok the supe takes 200 kgs on the aristo but we aren't talking a huge difference) and I didn't have to change the tyres, sparks, oil on a daily basis lol.

Hey I can put plus's where I like for what I like lol :p

It was on a proper print out an evryfin :D

My point really was that my car as BPU with extras was as quick as my current car is (ok the supe takes 200 kgs on the aristo but we aren't talking a huge difference) and I didn't have to change the tyres, sparks, oil on a daily basis lol.

Pluses are genrally a good thing, go for however many you like :D

I think you need to get yourself a proper drive in a well setup small single supra. The power delivery and low down torque difference between that and a well set up BPU (or BPU++++++ ;) ) car is simply phenomenal.

You don't get much smaller a single than my 61. Maybe its no so clever cos its ancient with worn bearings, maybe its my box is so old and nadged, maybe I just expect too much from it. Whatever the case may be I have been given a damn good quote for a T04Z turbo in whatever a/r I choose. I was thinking 0.70 inlet 0.80 ish exhaust.

You are some clever lads! :-)

No I havent been in a 600hk supra, but one of my friends (CSA in here) has a 500 hp one, and no qestion it flye´s..

But isent the T61 to small for the TT? And can it provide enough power to rech the 500hk limit?

Was planing on this..

AEM ecu

XS power manifold (I know the have a bad rep...got it)

720 cc injektors (denso... got em)

HKS fuel rail (got it)

2 250l fuel pumps (got em)

Properly HKS cams

Greddy Profec 1 boost controller (got it)

then I don´t know what turbo to choose, that´s why I asked!

And what more do I need?