The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit Trader Status Removed

Branners

Sam & Greg from Turbofit have contacted the forum moderators requesting to be removed as authorised traders from the forum with immediate effect.

They had stated their intention earlier, that they were not seeking to renew their tradership when it was due for renewal at the end of this year.

As many members will be aware, Turbofit have been subject to much discussion of late, and there are two current disputes in the Dispute Resolution Forum which are yet to be resolved.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=118073 & http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=118609

Turbofit have stated however, that they will seek to address both disputes, but will not do so publicly and consider both disputes to be a private issue between themselves and the members involved.

This does not absolve them however from the forum terms and conditions for Traders. Point 6 states;

"You agree to start a resolution dialogue within a reasonable time frame of a member creating a thread in the “Dispute Resolution” forum. The outcome of any disputes made against you could affect your trader membership renewal and may result in your existing trader membership being revoked if the moderators considered the outcome to be unsatisfactory and not in the best interest of the club or its members."

And point 8 states;

"You agree to having sanctions imposed on your trader membership should you fall below reasonable expectations - poor customer service will not be tolerated. Sanctions include, but are not limited to, temporary account bans, temporary removal of your trader section, being forced to enter into the renewal process early, or having your banner removed from the site. No refunds will be given if your account or banner is removed as a result of a sanction being imposed. "

Consideration was already being given to removing Turbofit from the forum as an authorised trader. They were not replying to the two dispute threads and further issues have come to light in private discussions with members. At the very least, the moderators would have expected some contact from Turbofit stating that they were addressing the issues concerned.

The banning of any trader from a forum is a difficult issue, and steps would have been taken sooner to remove Turbofit from the forum, however, it was felt at the time that this would have been unhelpful towards Pig and GrahamC in resolving their disputes.

Their removal from the forum starts with immediate effect.

JB

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turbofit have stated however, that they will seek to address both disputes, but will not do so publicly and consider both disputes to be a private issue between themselves and the members involved.

I would have loved to have sorted this out privately, but no action, no communication and never being available forced me take whatever action I could.

I started by raising a dispute here. I then moved on to a small claim.

How could I have done this any differently, when my calls and emails are ignored completely???? :blink: :search:

This doesn't shock me at all. They seemed good value at first but like everything else in life you pretty much get what you pay for.

there is a difference between good value and cheap.

old saying im affraid...you always get what you pay for rings so true

What I paid, was not that cheap...

I went to turbofit to have my clutch changed because they were recommend on the forum, they didnt secure the speed sensir which results me with no speedo on the motorway! They solved it the next I visit them, which I thought no probs, everyone makes some mistakes. So I left my car with them for checking out the clonky noise when braking and changing the rear wheel bearings,re-charging aircon, cost me £700 and I got the car back with more noises(not only braking this time), non-working aircon and when I went back to them,they told me the brake noise are normal, most supras have that noise--then why not tell me the first time? also the suspension noise wil be gone in a few days cos thry put greese on them that needs settle in. Now its nearly 6 weeks and the noises are getting worse. Seeing the other 2 member's probs with them im not bothered drive 120 miles back to them, i 'll get someone else to solve the probs and consider the £700 my bad luck... :(

old saying im affraid...you always get what you pay for rings so true

TF is not a cheap garage. I think that they are overpriced. Samsupra37 quoted me £3850 +vat for install these parts:

- PHR N/A-T kit

- headgasket

- clutch

- 5 gauges + Greddy EMU sensors and harnesses

- 2nd decat

- UK brakes (full set)

- TRD LSD

Yes, £3850 + vat only for a labour. :twak:

there is a difference between good value and cheap.

Hence they seemed good value when they started. They were offering single turbo conversions very cheap and people seemed happy with the results. Until it all started unravelling that is.

Every garage has had its problems. I'm sure for all the problems above, bad as they are, there are many many more where people have been perfectly happy with their service.

it does raise a question about when we should step in though. I could trawl back through posts and highlight some where people pointed out issues a long time ago, but were shouted down. I wonder if we had stepped in earlier and taken the abuse whether we could have stopped a lot of these problems happening.

I know the level of support for TF was such that I would not have been able to step in even though I had some serious technical anomolies pointed out to me.

Again, I would ask that anybody who has problems with any trader could as a minimum PM your favourite moderator so we can build up a bigger picture of the problem. We have had a lot of private discussions with members over TF in the last few months.

I would also ask that when we act against a trader that people take the recent trader issues in to account and remember that we are acting in the interest of the members even when its not that obvious.

JB

I tried to raise an issue last August after seeing the absolutely appalling, and I mean shockingly bad workmanship carried out on ToyotaToms car, but I got completely flamed by a select few people on here that wouldn't hear a bad word said about them, and in fact, tried to have a dig at me implying that I was 'stirring trouble' because of the people that I associate with on here.

I have since seen plenty more examples of their handy work, and most, if not all of it has been of a low quality. However, I never posted it up as I didn't want to be seen as starting another trader war. And besides, their cock-ups were eaning me money when I had to rectify them! :innocent:

This was all before the dispute resolution section was started. Hopefully, people will be able to spot a pattern emerging much sooner now, and hopefully the likes of this and Max GT will be a thing of the past. :(

Wow, im really shocked to here this. I took my car 200 miles to them when it went tits up as i was under the impression they were the best.

So far i have to say they rebuilt my engine and its working fine. Gregg is always helpful to me and always contactable. im just so suprised its gone this far. Just need my mapping done now and then my engine saga is complete.

Yes there may well have been some bad things, let's say 20 in a year. But what about the 2000 good things? ie only 1% of the work they have done is bad, which is a pretty good record.

Of course we don't know the true figures, and the only way we can really know is if we do a poll or something.

my car has never been there. its never needed to. but ive seen a lot of good work come out of turbofit. and when ive popped down once or twice (only live up the road) they have always been nice, helpfull and had always offered some sound advice.

I was surprised to hear this.

Yes there may well have been some bad things, let's say 20 in a year. But what about the 2000 good things? ie only 1% of the work they have done is bad, which is a pretty good record.

But surely it's about how they handle the things that go bad that matter?

Trader rules and regs were clearly laid out, they decided not to follow them!

Of course we don't know the true figures, and the only way we can really know is if we do a poll or something.

Put it this way, I've seen work from most traders, and in some cases, I've had to re-do, or tidy some of the other traders work, but it was never very much. Loose cables, RLTC dat files that weren't set up right, that type of thing.

The corrections I had to do for TF, were usually booked in for a whole day. If not more in some cases. they were never 'minor' errors. After about the 5th one, I'd stopped saying "Oh my god!"...

sorry to bring him up but didn't no1br have his pile of shite done there.remember the fmic mounted on the out side???and even if he did ask for it to be mounted like that it never should have been.dosent that say some thing about tf??

Yeh i agree with some of the above posts, every company trading has problems now and again, its how you choose to deal with them that sets the company from the rest. It appears some traders and people in general wont admit or take the heat when something theyve done is wrong. Or in the dispute instances poor workmanship.

These types of traders will lose out in the long run, whatever turbofit think of this forum, it brought them extra revenue.

sorry to bring him up but didn't no1br have his pile of shite done there.remember the fmic mounted on the out side???and even if he did ask for it to be mounted like that it never should have been.dosent that say some thing about tf??

Well maybe, but in that case i probably as the trader would have done the same thing, turbofit did say they didnt want to fit it like that and No1BR did come accross as insistant on it fitted like that. I dont think it was bad workmanship.