The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bit of a spirited drive and help identifying a BMW?

chilli

Took the supe out last night for the first time in a while.

God I'd forgotten how much fun they are to drive :D

anyway, at the garage at Hickstead there was a bright yellow BMW with seriously mean looking black wheels and I think with body kit etc, the whole thing looked really mean with flared wheel arches etc - left hooker to IIRC. A couple of chaps were standing by it discussing it (maybe it was for sale?).

Anyway I left but later I was heading home and I happened to come up behind it on the A2600

Did some serious Leptons and came up behind it to which he put his hazards on lol

slowed for a roundabout up ahead and he booted it out of the exit up the next straight. Unfortunately I couldn't give it any beans as I've got some rear tyre rubbing (soon to be sorted) so I waited until I'd straightened up before letting rip. He was quick a way ahead by then but flat out 3rd, 4th then into 5th I was right behind him no problems. We had to slow as we came up behind traffic at that point then we went our separate ways after a wave from me.

Now I'm not a BMW fan in any way, this was probably the nicest BMW I'd ever seen. In yellow with it's flared wheel arches it reminded me of an Integrale evo in some ways.

I think it could have been an M1, customised. Anyone know anything about these could confirm that or tell me anything about them or what people do to them?

I hope not! It would be a real shame to see a uber-rare classic like the M1 with a body kit or other tat on it.

lol well based on those pics I'm not so sure now, certainly it was not standard by any means

Damn I wish I'd taken a pic of it now!

it was very well done, no cheap body kit it looked very professional like a race / homologation special perhaps?

not an old M3 E30 perhaps?

hmmm I don;t think it was tbh. It was much lower, sleeker and had the kinda slopey rear hatch shape of the M1

The lights were also very much M1 style

it had twin exhausts

or this in fact

http://www.diecasts.biz/images/M/430_792581.jpg

without such a big rear wing and no graphics

seems that it might be so rare I'm wondering if it was a kitcar or replica now! lol

It definitely had a proper engine, could hear the sound of something big and smooth, straight 6 or maybe V8 in there

can't be more than one in sussex, I'll have to keep my eyes open for it now