The mkiv Supra Owners Club

more power

gaz1

ok from tt to bpu i noticed the power gain straight away:d then onto hybrids i noticed a bit more:D now i have gone single and jeez what a difference it is now, she is sorted at 520 bhp:cool: now question is how much more noticeable would it be at lets say 700bhp:eyebrows: i can feel the urge:D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ahhh would it fit though:D

Oh yes, the LS7 is about 2/3rds the size of a 2JZ. Cheap too, alledgedly they are about £7k fully dressed, very light and very strong.

Thing is, would you really get to use 700bhp? You'd probably find unless you are on a motorway your current set up will be quicker point to point, unless you do some mega chassis mods. Imo it's telling that the Blitz NRing Supra ran in low boost (about 600ps) for it's Ring challenge when they could have had the full 750ps, and that had a British GT driver for testing and a Ring regular for the hotlaps themselves.

No more power Gaz! Your car is a beast mate and clearly the GT4088 is giving you the best of both worlds, why change it? You could always for a shot tank of NOS for a bit more grunt alike JamieP. Of course, a 3.4L stroker kit with NOS and the existing GT4088 would surely be a beast! :)

No more power Gaz! Your car is a beast mate and clearly the GT4088 is giving you the best of both worlds, why change it? You could always for a shot tank of NOS for a bit more grunt alike JamieP. Of course, a 3.4L stroker kit with NOS and the existing GT4088 would surely be a beast! :)

already got a polished bottle ready and able:D

Oh yes, the LS7 is about 2/3rds the size of a 2JZ. Cheap too, alledgedly they are about £7k fully dressed, very light and very strong.

Thing is, would you really get to use 700bhp? You'd probably find unless you are on a motorway your current set up will be quicker point to point, unless you do some mega chassis mods. Imo it's telling that the Blitz NRing Supra ran in low boost (about 600ps) for it's Ring challenge when they could have had the full 750ps, and that had a British GT driver for testing and a Ring regular for the hotlaps themselves.

Talk to Cowboy Bebop about getting a v8 TT6 done. Bit of waste mucking about with 0.4 litres extra when you can get a manly 4.8 crammed in there.

You know you want to!

500 to 700 does make a big difference top end.. but like alex says forget low end power.. A standard TT would P!ss all over you off the mark

descions my head hurts:D will think on this i think:D

Talk to Cowboy Bebop about getting a v8 TT6 done. Bit of waste mucking about with 0.4 litres extra when you can get a manly 4.8 crammed in there.

You know you want to!

Ark, is this the same setup as Thor have, the V8 Supe? If so, I've heard reports that it's not actually that impressive and despite good torque lacks real power.

Ark, is this the same setup as Thor have, the V8 Supe? If so, I've heard reports that it's not actually that impressive and despite good torque lacks real power.

Thor do not have twin turbos bolted on to the V8. Cowboy bebops job blows Thors effort right out of the water....

Thor do not have twin turbos bolted on to the V8. Cowboy bebops job blows Thors effort right out of the water....

:yeahthat: :yes:

But... the 2UZ he uses is the cast iron one....which weighs a tonne. Personally I'd advise going for an all ally block.

ok from tt to bpu i noticed the power gain straight away:d then onto hybrids i noticed a bit more:D now i have gone single and jeez what a difference it is now, she is sorted at 520 bhp:cool: now question is how much more noticeable would it be at lets say 700bhp:eyebrows: i can feel the urge:D

Gaz, have you ever timed it with an accelerometer?

Say 0-100 or something like that?