The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MANU Mode confusion / problem?

ShamelessTT

Hi all,

Ive read the FAQ on this, however althought mine box does leave the gear etc etc in it feels like the car is laboured until you get to high speeds.

I dont seem to feel the turbos kick in like in overdrive or normal driving. Basically up to about 3,500 rpm the car feels almost like its in to higher gear and is struggling a bit on to excellerate.

In overdrive mode etc the car flys, so im wondering if ive got problem.

BTW this is when i leave it in D , in 1 and 2 car feels explosive. However in D from pull off car feels pants, with no kick down.

Cheers,

Si

Can't beat Manu mode can you :)

I find that pulling away in D in Manu is actually alright, never experience a problem with accelerating from a standstill in D here although haven't planted my foot either.

Oh, I miss the sound of the Overrun in 2nd Manu :(

Defo not working like that on mine im sure......if i put MANU mode on no kick downs at all....

Mine never did kick down in manual mode that the idea of it it holds it in the gear its in. I.e if in 2nd and you floor it, it will stay in second until you change or the ecu think you are in danger of of over revving the engine.

Also to knock it into 4th you had to switch manual mode off