The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ahh clutch finally died!

Daston

Well on the way home after dropping my border II wings off at the body shop I spotted a Ferrari 612 and thought "worth a shot" we both gunned it and I got creamed going a long in traffic at about 40 I was in 6th but as soon as I put my foot down as the traffic cleared there was a nasty juddering and the clutch started to slip (doh!). Would be very unfair of me to sell the car with a dodgy clutch so looking at alternatives. I used this company before on my SZ and their OEM clutches worked a dream and as far as I know its still going.

Whats your view about this or should I stick with OEM or the tried and tested aftermarket ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-97-SUPRA-TWIN-TURBO-XTD-STAGE-3-RACING-CLUTCH-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33730QQihZ009QQitemZ190136132238QQtcZphoto

how much are the RPS ones? there is a clutch on ebay for $200 but would need the pressure plate. Dont want to spend loads on an uprated cluch when I am going to be selling the car.

ahh sorry mate didnt realise you were selling up,The RPS Street was the cheaper i think of the RPS range but still around the 350 mark i think then its best to buy a thrust bearing as the kit i had didnt have one in.

No probs may chuck one in as it should make a good selling point having a brand new well know clutch.

I was looking at these two

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1305

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1304

What one would be more drivable on the street as I dont want potential buys put off because the car is a bar-steward in traffic.

Also would a lighter flywheel be a good idea?

If so would a Tom's or TRD be better? Or are they pretty much the same?

The RPS street was a little cheaper than the max as the max rates more power/torque,the street also had a very light nice feel to it,id say like stock.cant find the street on there website though,Gaz will probably be along to put me right lol,as for the flywheel it depends on if theres any damage...if not then i'd leave alone,save the money:)