The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear Headlight lense conversion

Elmo

I've never seen the genuine Aflug lenses but I can't see them being much different to Gaz's, they do look really good and would look even better on my car, I just know that there is a 99% chance that I will bugger the job up thus writing off the lenses and a pair of headlights!

:yeahthat:

Come on Jon, I have been waiting ages for you to get this idea of the ground..........

I might sell mine if your interested, never used an they do look really good. I also have a spare set of headlights ready for stripping.

It's just a bit too big of a job for me. :(

Guest gzaerojon
Hi gzaerojon, are u still planning on making ur own clear lenses or you dropped the idea?

these are still in the making, i'll give you a shout next week as it's getting close now :)

Guest gzaerojon
:yeahthat:

Come on Jon, I have been waiting ages for you to get this idea of the ground..........

i know :( if it was me making them it would be ok, but i can only go by what my guy says i'm afraid. it's costing me a fair price to get these going, and we have hit a few problems along the way.

i could just have the clear lenses made, but going by how the abflug fit fits it would be a right pain to do, instead i'm having the lip moulded onto the lens so that they can me a direct replacement :)

sorry it's taken so long :(

i know :( if it was me making them it would be ok, but i can only go by what my guy says i'm afraid. it's costing me a fair price to get these going, and we have hit a few problems along the way.

i could just have the clear lenses made, but going by how the abflug fit fits it would be a right pain to do, instead i'm having the lip moulded onto the lens so that they can me a direct replacement :)

How will yours differ from those produced by suprattgaz?

Guest gzaerojon
How will yours differ from those produced by suprattgaz?

basically the original lens has a bult in lip that fits into a groove on the headlight backing, the abflugs don't have this lip so it means you have to cut the middle out or the original lens leaving a lip all the way round, then the clear lens is bonded to it.

the ones i'm working on will have the lip already fitted, so the original lens will not have to be cut :)

basically the original lens has a bult in lip that fits into a groove on the headlight backing, the abflugs don't have this lip so it means you have to cut the middle out or the original lens leaving a lip all the way round, then the clear lens is bonded to it.

the ones i'm working on will have the lip already fitted, so the original lens will not have to be cut :)

Holy crap, that means they are either injectin moulded, or you are making two parts and bonding them. Either way it would cost £ks to produce the moulds. Hope you get it right Jon :)!!!! I didn't have the capital to chuck at this like that, it was just a hobby on the side for me.:rolleyes:

Hey, as long as I hear you say their still in the making then Im willing to wait.....;)

I might sell mine if your interested, never used an they do look really good. I also have a spare set of headlights ready for stripping.

It's just a bit too big of a job for me. :(

Got any pics, send them to suprash55 at the hotmail in the .co. in the uk.....;)