The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Frickin nightmare tonight

MrHanky

Decided to take the Supra out tonight to go fetch my son from his grandma's which is about 2 miles away. Now there are only 2 roads to use to get straight there and this is fine normally. Except I pull onto the first one in my freshly resprayed Supra only to find that it has been gritted today :scared:. So I quickly turn into the first place I see and do a quick 3 point turn to avoid this.

Anyway I then head towards my second route (about half a mile the other side of the estate I live on) and am just about to turn left and notice that this has beed gritted today as well :(. In the end I drove 6 miles out of my way around all this crap :)

Im just dreading them finishing the rest of the roads now as these 2 roads are the only way in and out of my estate :(

Guest supramikey

they just did that to the roads round me. takes a few days for it to settle down. i dont think its too bad, but you dont wanna be following other cars.

Gritted as in resurfaced?

Thats the fella :). Yep resurfaced not gritted. It wouldn't be so bad if people actually went slowly along it, but you always get people going along at 35 or something and then getting stone chips and cracked windscreens :(

The plan that they get is entitled "resurfacing" but in reality they get some sticky crap (probably pig spunk), dump it on the road it on the road then then throw a lorry load of the nastiest stones they can find and hope it sticks.

Tossers, what happened to traditional steam rollers and loverly black tar?

Its a nightmare ain't it. Funny how I take it slow in the Supe but in the other car I don't care :D

Two long stretches by me have just been done. I drive at less than 20 mph and I can see the people in my mirrors behined me getting so pissed off. While im getting pissed off with those going the other way so fast kicking up the chippings.