The mkiv Supra Owners Club

passed emissions without cats

gambie

don't know, have a friendly MOT place so not sure what the emissions were;)

I would have thought that without the cats it would have been too high, and normally you have to get them heated up for a while for them to work properly...

having my 94tt mot`d on saturday so i took it to a garage i use to check if i needed to put 1 of my cats back in, they stuck it on the machine and it flew through with both cats out is this normal

lucky git;)

good luck for saturday mate

The only way it will pass the emissions without the cats is if it had a non-cat test for the emissions.

when the vehicle details are punched into the computer for the mot test it will ask for engine code number. IF the tester enters unable to find code in that section then it will do a non-cat test. if i can remember that only applies to pre 1995 models:)

The only way it will pass the emissions without the cats is if it had a non-cat test for the emissions.

when the vehicle details are punched into the computer for the mot test it will ask for engine code number. IF the tester enters unable to find code in that section then it will do a non-cat test. if i can remember that only applies to pre 1995 models:)

That's what they did with mine passes mot with no cats :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Mine passed last year because of this...

Failed this year though as they had obviously worked out that it needed a cat test.

Got the cats put back in, passed the retest yesterday and having them pulled out again today.

Found out afterwards that the fella testing the car knows my dad from years ago and told me

"mate, if i'd have known you were daves boy we could have sorted something out" ;)

Damn!