The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track Day Weekend In France - Guaging Interest

MarkTheBoy

He all,

One of the women who works in my office regularly organises motorbike track days in france.

Shes done many a bike day and decided, after chatting cars with me one afternoon, that she'd look into arranging a supra track day.

She asked me to mention it and see what kind of interest you guys might have.

The trip would involve (and include) around 25 cars travelling up on a friday night, ferry across the channel. Overnight stay on friday night near the track and a full days racing followed by a good nights drinking and another stay.

The trip would cost in the region of £220 - £250 and includes;

Open pit lane

Both ferry crossings

Exclusive use of the track for the whole day

Personal photographer

2 nights accomodation (bed and breakfast)

Guided group convoy to and from the ferry.

The track is surrounded by thick woodland in a picturesque village in northern france an hour and a half from Calais.

Facilities on site include sole use of a 120m glass tower overlooking the track, reasonably priced refreshments and food are available throughout the day from the bar.

From her brochure-

"The track surface is smooth and grippy and covers more than 2km with a constant length of 920m (the straight). Long straight lines, rapid curves and a hair pin bend make it both easy to learn but still technical and varied enough for those looking for a challenge or repeat trips"

Chances are this would be likely to happen next year but could happen sooner depending on the level of interest.

Ive started a list below, no commitment, just wanna guage interest.

I dont wanna know for definite if you are coming etc just if you would be interested etc.

So what do you reckon chaps? Anyone up for it?

1. Marktheboy :)

Cheers :thumbs:

Oh one point to mention is they have a noise limit of 98db... might be a problem for some on here (like me) but if, like me you have remavable baffles, you will probably need em.

Is it Folembrey?

Yes thats the one... i'll see if i can get some pics of the circuit,

Pete - Its not specifically a Supra event, all are welcome but im just trying to guage numbers at the moment. Just supras would be cool but dependant on interest I imagine we will need to look elsewhere for numbers.

Ive got a friend with an Alfa GTA who's keen and another with a race tuned mini BUT not having seen the course I wouldnt want things to get dangerous (or tedious) when overtaking slower cars in our obviously far faster machines :p

Julie (the lady organising this) is currently looking into dates and costings. Shes also talking about maybe mixing it up a bit so we spend one day at Folembray and then move a few hours up the road to another circuit for the next day.

1. Marktheboy

2. Pete_TT

3. Gazboy

4. Trig

5. HJM

6. RobSheffield

1. Marktheboy

2. Pete_TT

3. Gazboy

4. Trig

5. HJM

6. RobSheffield

7. Ark + the missus in her Scooby

Always up for a track-attack!

If there's a road-trip, a track and drinking available I reckon I might be able to drum up some more from the Hampshire Subaru crowd too, to bolster numbers.

Hadn't thought about the ferry vs lowered soop problem... I know she gets massive discounts on the ferries because of numbers. I will mention the possibility of the chunnel and see if shes got any ideas.

Ark - More the merrier mate, like i said earlier its not a supra specific day but wanted to be a bit wary about slower back markers; scoobies etc ;)

• 3 weeks later...