The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Vs Garage

Guest shifty

Guest shifty

Hi Everyone,

Im new here, recently sold my MR2 turbo so upgrade to a Supra (which i hope to get in the very near future :D ).

I was just wondering, does a Supra fit in a normal size single Garage?

Sorry if this Question has been asked before, I did try searching first.

cheers, Karl

Guest shifty
another tip is to put the window down get out and the put it up. The windows curve inwards same as the MR2's

I had closure on the alarm with my MR2 so that was easy to get in and out of. But i know what you are talking about.

The worse part by my rekoning is getting it through the door, i worked out I'd only have about 2-3inchs either side but once past the door the garage widens alot.

Guest shifty
stick some carpet to the garage wall so you don't damage your doors :)

:D Way ahead of you there, the garage is already completly carpeted. I spent alot of time in there beofre with my MR2 cleaning :cool: It was an obsession to keep it clean.

I had closure on the alarm with my MR2 so that was easy to get in and out of. But i know what you are talking about.

The worse part by my rekoning is getting it through the door, i worked out I'd only have about 2-3inchs either side but once past the door the garage widens alot.

Do you have an "up and over" garage door? I have a piece of string with a weight on the end tied to the bottom corner of the door on the "near-side" (so when the door's up its like a plumb line)that way you know exactly where the side of the car is in relation to the door frame...

Guest shifty

Well cheers for the help and ideas, i was paranoid that when i get the car home it wouldnt fit. I obviously wont be able to clean it in there like i could my MR.

Guest shifty

when i had it in the garage i could easily walk down one side but would have to side step on the other side.

here is pic so you can see the scale

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/25/mr2garagedp9.jpg

Well now i know a soop will fit, i hope a nice one will come up for me to buy :D

when i had it in the garage i could easily walk down one side but would have to side step on the other side.

here is pic so you can see the scale

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/25/mr2garagedp9.jpg

Well now i know a soop will fit, i hope a nice one will come up for me to buy :D

LOL - that's wider than my whole driveway.

At the bottom of it I've got an old 1920's garage built for a Model T and haven't got a chance of getting even the nose in. :(