The mkiv Supra Owners Club

front screen

supracharged

after getting a nasty stone chip thats started to crack i think its time for a new screen.

can anyone tell me if the front windscreen is the same for a facelift and non facelift please?

does anyone know where i might get one from (traders on here??), auto glass want £520 just for the screen!!!!!!!!

cheers

I really really can't see how the screen could be different on facelift/pre-facelift.

The body panels are exactly the same other than a few cutouts and things (side-repeater holes in the front wings).

I feel really sorry for anyone who has to get a new windscreen fitted. I had Autoglass fit one on my last Supra and they totally fucked up the trim to the point where I decided to rip it out in the end and drive around with a valley running around the screen.

Mascrat meet goers will remember how bad it was. I arrived there with it flailing all over the roof and loads of tape attemping to hold it in place.

after getting a nasty stone chip thats started to crack i think its time for a new screen.

can anyone tell me if the front windscreen is the same for a facelift and non facelift please?

does anyone know where i might get one from (traders on here??), auto glass want £520 just for the screen!!!!!!!!

cheers

Have you got glass on your insurance policy?? I paid £40 for a new screen and Autoglass came out and fitted it!

Contrary to Carl0s' report. The guy who came out to do mine was brilliant and as far as I know did a great job. I actually rang his boss to tell them just how good he was.

H.

Contrary to Carl0s' report. The guy who came out to do mine was brilliant and as far as I know did a great job. I actually rang his boss to tell them just how good he was.

H.

Ah, so they can do a proper job! They'd already refitted the trim twice on mine. It was plainly just the wrong trim altogether.

Best bet (as I read on here last year) is push Autoglass / Rac / whoever to buy the screen, trim and spacers direct from Toyota and quote chassis number etc. There are at least two different screen tint patterns, and IIRR two colours, blue or green, but the fit is identical (cant comment on the trims)...the facelift screen doesnt have the sunstrip as Ivan has already said.

Fitting seems hit or miss...Autoglass did one on my old Aerotop that was fantastic, but the one they did on my current Supra was an abortion. They re-did it after I complained, but its still not perfect.