The mkiv Supra Owners Club

We've been here before !

Muffleman

Had to wave goodbye to my baby again today, she's off for a full engine rebuild and a few other minor bits to get her perfect.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5989/img00060smallio8.jpg http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1085/img00059smallbe6.jpg

I fall in :love: with this car everytime I give her a wash, stood there for 5 mins today drooling. I feel very lucky. Missus and I have been talking about moving to a bigger house which means a very real possibility of selling :cry: I have been talking about selling the trial car and doing a ground up project Supra, but everytime I SERIOUSLY think of selling, I really dont like it ! I would genuinely rather have this car than a Porsche, or TVR etc. We'll see, might have to move up north with the peasants so that I can keep the car :p Only teasing ;) Certainly wouldn't want to move nearer to Jurgen, that would definitely be bad for the wallet :D

But the car is going to the workshops of Jonny Milner the rally driver, used to rally Toyotas etc and I trust him 100%. He built the engine in my MR2 and that has been bombproof. It's having a full rebuild with genuine toyota parts, except for the pistons which will be forged items. That should be fine for occasional 1.6bar max.

Last things to be done are a trip to Matt Harwood to check a couple of things for me, the last bit of mapping to be done, trip to the bodyshop to sort the santapod stonechips and then I THINK she will finally be finished.....I've heard this before :D

Probably wont all be done by the 25th for the SRR day, but suspect I will come along anyway :)

Had to wave goodbye to my baby again today, she's off for a full engine rebuild and a few other minor bits to get her perfect.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5989/img00060smallio8.jpg http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1085/img00059smallbe6.jpg

I fall in :love: with this car everytime I give her a wash, stood there for 5 mins today drooling. I feel very lucky. Missus and I have been talking about moving to a bigger house which means a very real possibility of selling :cry: I have been talking about selling the trial car and doing a ground up project Supra, but everytime I SERIOUSLY think of selling, I really dont like it ! I would genuinely rather have this car than a Porsche, or TVR etc. We'll see, might have to move up north with the peasants so that I can keep the car :p Only teasing ;) Certainly wouldn't want to move nearer to Jurgen, that would definitely be bad for the wallet :D

But the car is going to the workshops of Jonny Milner the rally driver, used to rally Toyotas etc and I trust him 100%. He built the engine in my MR2 and that has been bombproof. It's having a full rebuild with genuine toyota parts, except for the pistons which will be forged items. That should be fine for occasional 1.6bar max.

Last things to be done are a trip to Matt Harwood to check a couple of things for me, the last bit of mapping to be done, trip to the bodyshop to sort the santapod stonechips and then I THINK she will finally be finished.....I've heard this before :D

Probably wont all be done by the 25th for the SRR day, but suspect I will come along anyway :)

i so no where your coming from mate;) bloody decisions:rolleyes:

Really aint easy is it mate !

no me and pig are trying to work out the best way to go:search: after getting her (almost just right) i still would like to start from scratch again, with a little bit more supra streetwise knolledge i could be dangerous:innocent:

Cool looks good, is it expensive that type of trailering?

I don't think so, £250 to go from near gatwick to yorkshire. He text me a couple of times, once saying 'be to you soon' once saying 'delayed on M1 so will take a bit longer' and another saying 'car delivered, thanks for your business'

I'm quite impressed :)

Good luck with it mate, look forward to seeing it finished:)

Thanks mate, will keep you uptodate ;)

I don't think so, £250 to go from near gatwick to yorkshire. He text me a couple of times, once saying 'be to you soon' once saying 'delayed on M1 so will take a bit longer' and another saying 'car delivered, thanks for your business'

I'm quite impressed :)

Thanks mate, will keep you uptodate ;)

Yeh does sound good!!:D

Yeh does sound good!!:D

He's great mate, really helpful. It cost me just over £100 to get the trans am from weston super mare to coventry, he loaded the car in the pouring rain and helped us push it into the gap where it's being stored once we got there (wasn't an easy job!).

Are you keeping the stock con rods and rod bolts? I would change the bolts to ARP at the very least.

Yeah was leaving it all stock as stock is known for handling the power, but will mention the ARP bolts to the builder :) Anything else ?

Wo, my favorite supra!! ever!!

im probably dreaming, but give me a shout first if you think about selling it!!!

Will do matey, but will be doing all I can to keep it ;)