The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hmmm.... Eagle F1s

Dash Rendar

I just wanted to say... I'm lovin' my new Eagle F1 Asymmetrics! It's like driving a new car! A new car that goes in the direction I want it to.

I had a toss up between those and Dunlop SP9000's. I went for the Dunlop in the end but there is very little between them in the reviews!

Nice to have a car with grip isn't it??

H.

good news. was hoping that the new F1s would do the business on the Supra. When my F1 GS-D3s run out I'll be going for some of the new asymetrics also.

They are supposed to work fantastic in the wet as well.

Only thing I don't know about them is how they perform on a track.... ie. how they react to the heat build up, and do they over-heat due to the block pattern they have.

Amazingly enough, I've only actually got the Eagles on the rear wheels. I couldn't afford to replace the whole set, especially given that my existing tyres (Kingstars) had loads of tread and didn't really *need* replacing.

But even with just the back tyres changed, the handling is so much better, both in wet and dry conditions.

Amazingly enough, I've only actually got the Eagles on the rear wheels. I couldn't afford to replace the whole set, especially given that my existing tyres (Kingstars) had loads of tread and didn't really *need* replacing.

But even with just the back tyres changed, the handling is so much better, both in wet and dry conditions.

This sounds exactly the same as me! I have Sportiva's on the front.....:rolleyes: The Dunlops are that good in the wet, the car is actually understeering because of the massive amount of grip at the back. As soon as the fronts get a bit more worn then it will be the same all round.

H.

I've never heard anyone who has actually tried the new F1s slag them off. People moan that the tread "doesn't look as pretty", but who cares? The only objective test I've seen in a mag said they were a clear improvement over the GSD3s, and I'd be amazed if they weren't, or Goodyear wouldn't release them. I'd certainly get some next time if they were available in 275 18 35 which they don't seem to be atm.

Apparently the new Proxes with longer tyre life are the way to go.

i started reading this thread with interest as i am in the market for new rears, i have been trying to decide now for about a month, i have read the new proxes are shite they wear faster than the old ones and the soft tyre wall induces tyre roll and poor cornering ..........................i give up, i think i'me going to toss a coin:(