The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My NA needs a service!!

Havard

My car's MOT is up on the 20 August!

I would like to have it fully serviced before this date. Are there any of the North West lads who do their own servicing interested in helping me out or even earning a few quid!

OR

Where should I take it?? I only want new plugs, oil & filter and air filter changing really. I have only had the car 6 months and although I fancy doing it myself I could do with someone who knows what they are doing to show me first?? The oil filter and the middle two plugs are my main worries!

I also have an uphill drive so doing it at home isn't really an option!!

Help please!;)

H.

Ive used HyperSR in hindley green near Leigh and they where fine so i can recommend them. Plugs on an NA are a PITA arnt they?

To be honest, the plugs aren't half as bad as you think once you get the hang of it....

Couple of 12mm nuts and the section of the intake runner moves out the way, after you remove the airbox.

Ive used HyperSR in hindley green near Leigh and they where fine so i can recommend them. Plugs on an NA are a PITA arnt they?

I still haven't made my mind up about these guys. Good and bad reports have made me a bit unsure!! What price would you expect for an engine service?

Give it a go yourself H not as bad to do as you think :)

To be honest, the plugs aren't half as bad as you think once you get the hang of it....

Couple of 12mm nuts and the section of the intake runner moves out the way, after you remove the airbox.

I am a man who can break and iron ball. As a first go I would just like to have some supervision...;)

Could have a go at those swirl marks too:p

What swirl marks??:D

H.

Just give it a go yourself mate, once you've done it once (which can be a PITA the first time), it'll be very easy from then on.

The oil filter can be a bugger though (at least on the TT's), make sure you have a good oil filter strap tool.

It's a sound investment and will save you £££ over the years - not to mention the satisfaction of "I did that" :D

;) AB tyrers and exhausts ( opposit Appley Bridge railway station ) they did my Oil and Filter change for £65 Valvoline fully Synthetic 5-40 and they will change your plugs too, Give Andy a ring on 01257 251018

good deals on tyrers too ;)

Or failing that i,ll help you if you want to tackle it yourself

Cheers

Ian

Just give it a go yourself mate, once you've done it once (which can be a PITA the first time), it'll be very easy from then on.

The oil filter can be a bugger though (at least on the TT's), make sure you have a good oil filter strap tool.

It's a sound investment and will save you £££ over the years - not to mention the satisfaction of "I did that" :D

I hear what you are saying Darryl but I am not set up at home for the filter change especially. I can't even see where the plugs are, so a bit of help is needed as a first go!

;) AB tyrers and exhausts ( opposit Appley Bridge railway station ) they did my Oil and Filter change for £65 Valvoline fully Synthetic 5-40 and they will change your plugs too, Give Andy a ring on 01257 251018

good deals on tyrers too ;)

Or failing that i,ll help you if you want to tackle it yourself

Cheers

Ian

Cheers Ian. I may go there for the filter and oil and then tackle the plugs myself (with you..:D)

How was your ride back from pancake heaven??

H.

;) The ride back was uneventful apart from a Porsch Boxter thingy thought he had a chance !! :innocent: he gave up and i still had 2 gears left to play with :rolleyes:

Ive got a route sorted for the 25th good mix of roads and some photo shots if the weathers any good :blink:

let me know when your tackling your soop and i,ll pop over

Cheers

Ian

I hear what you are saying Darryl but I am not set up at home for the filter change especially. I can't even see where the plugs are, so a bit of help is needed as a first go!

It's really not that difficult, you just need to be methodical and ensure you have the right tools. If you're serious about giving this a try yourself I'll scan in the pages from the Toyota service manual (will be tomorrow PM though)

It's really not that difficult, you just need to be methodical and ensure you have the right tools. If you're serious about giving this a try yourself I'll scan in the pages from the Toyota service manual (will be tomorrow PM though)

THAT!! Would be great mate.....:thumbs:

I will invest in some tools aswell tools too. I have a few tools but probably not big enough for jobs on the Supra.

Do you need me to PM my e-mail address??

H.