The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Economy For Non Turbo

Holden1989

Hi Guys,

Just researching into getting a non turbo supe and was wondering the fuel economy on one?

ps im looking at a manual, dunno if it makes a difference

I get about 350 miles to a full tank on a good run. About 280 miles if messing about around town and booting it.

I got 30 Mpg on a 700 mile run around Wales a couple of months ago. I would expect about 18 - 20 under normal driving conditions!!;)

H.

I get about 26 mpg, driven carefully most of the time with occasional heavy-right-foot action. That includes a bit of town driving too!

PS mine's a manual too. I think across all car makes manual gearboxes usually give slightly better fuel economy. I presume the same is true for Mr T's offerings.

Guest supramikey

im gettin about 38mpg in my punto atm but i want a TT so bad next year. dont know if i can live with about half the mpg tho :/

My old auto n/a was just as bad on fuel as my old 6 speed TT to be honest. Probably because i drove the n/a harder where as the TT gets up to speed with far less effort.

I'm not biased towards the TT in any way though as my next supra will be an n/a again i think, although a 5 speed manual this time.

I don't think I've ever got 350 miles out of a tank. Usually about 240 (mostly short journeys), maybe 300 on a long motorway run.

On the other hand - when my friend borrowed the car the other day, he seemed surprised when I told him not to worry how he drove it because I frequently use the redline on both of my cars as the gear change point. So I suppose that might affect the fuel economy a bit.