TOTB update thread.

Muffleman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know. I never bother remembering numbers.

Robbie (auto) beat IanC (6-speed) on the handling course.

The atmosphere seemed really flat. It was like a bunch of cars stayed away. I got a bit bored, went for a wander and the mkiv area vanished by the time I got back.

not long got back

i think brian ran a 11.99 i heard on tanoy

kev and adam sherwood seem to struggle getting power down

keith cowie broke his car but got the 300kmph record 12.7 i think

mick lemon gtr did a 202mph

the viper did a 203mph and also won final of drag racing as andy forrestor fluffed it on line

some ok cars there a few old cars with cossie engines,triumph dolomite cossie, also lotus sunbeam with cossie lump

was more cars in car park than last year

seen ian and said hi,seen justin but he was queing for track session.

Just got back, thought it was a good day, definatly turned out better than expected considering we only finished fixing the car at 12 O'Clock last night.

All the exhaust valves needed replacing after the timing belt shredded itself during testing. Who said 272 cams were none interference!

To add insult to injury we had rebuilt the hole car back up on saturday, as we pulled the car onto the trailer at around 8pm we discovered the FMS was p*ssing oil out. All I can think is that a bit of the shredded belt contaminated the seal. So back off the trailor and all out again! Good job we keep plenty parts in stock!

Any way on today we managed a best of 11.2, not great but we struggled for grip and I could not burn the tyres out due to the line lock failing, new solinoid me thinks. Robbie did the club proud and ran a 10.9 which was a fantastic result, well done!:thumbs:

On the Top speed we managed a despointing 179mph over the mile, due to not been able to get six gear despite trying while meant to be keeping my eye's on the road.

Not sure what the other Supra's ran but everybody seamed to be struggling for grip on that surface.

So in summary we did did better than expected as we made it their but the results did'nt justify all the hard work, but at least the car went home in one piece!

Thanks

Kevin

Just got back, thought it was a good day, definatly turned out better than expected considering we only finished fixing the car at 12 O'Clock last night.

All the exhaust valves needed replacing after the timing belt shredded itself during testing. Who said 272 cams were none interference!

To add insult to injury we had rebuilt the hole car back up on saturday, as we pulled the car onto the trailer at around 8pm we discovered the FMS was p*ssing oil out. All I can think is that a bit of the shredded belt contaminated the seal. So back off the trailor and all out again! Good job we keep plenty parts in stock!

Any way on today we managed a best of 11.2, not great but we struggled for grip and I could not burn the tyres out due to the line lock failing, new solinoid me thinks. Robbie did the club proud and ran a 10.9 which was a fantastic result, well done!:thumbs:

On the Top speed we managed a despointing 179mph over the mile, due to not been able to get six gear despite trying while meant to be keeping my eye's on the road.

Not sure what the other Supra's ran but everybody seamed to be struggling for grip on that surface.

So in summary we did did better than expected as we made it their but the results did'nt justify all the hard work, but at least the car went home in one piece!

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin,

I have the same cams as you...why might you think the cams would be such an interference? Cam where on tappet shims??

Just got in :)

I was rubbish at dragging and fumbled a gearchange on the handling course, and then the queueing went to shit so I never got another go :( Did manage 175mph on the top speed mile though.

As ever I ran my car as it backed out the garage :D Full trim, street tyres, V-power fuel, 1.4bar of boost. No special maps, fuel, nowt. I view TOTB as seeing how my car is going because I'm not going to win anything, that's for sure! I'm very happy with how it performed, despite Robbie kicking my ass at everything :D Damn those auto's :tongue:

As ever the best bit was the meet-up and night out on saturday, well done Branners for organising all that, and well done chinese restaurant for not throwing us out despite Terence's antics ;)

TOTB itself was odd, the drag queues were empty most of the day, everyone wanted to go on the sprint track, I guess that's how things are going these days (which is fine by me apart from the damn queueing). We all buggered off early as it was clear you'll get nowhere these days without a stripped out nail of a car running on the edge of death.

-Ian

PS And good to meet everyone :D MonkeyMark, great to see you again, Kev - glad the car survived (in fact all of ours did), RedM, good to meet you at last! And Rob, and the usual crowd of suspects.

..and good to meet you too, Ian.

It was also nice to sit and chat with Doug and also nice to meet Alex, although I was convinced he would look at least a little like his avatar!

Disappointments: It seemed quieter than usual. I didn't get any pics of the Turbo Technics girls and the non-appearance of a certain Chief!

Take one '97 TT (non vvti) with standard unopened engine, j spec turbo's and fuel system, add a few choice mods including a self mapped MAP2 ECU along with a smidgen of total lack of mechanical sympathy and you get.......

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

11.90 @ 116 MPH :D

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

I'm sooo happy I finally cracked it.... and I had a couple of 120 MPH and 121 MPH terminals later in the day (when it got roasting!) which show further potential in the car. More to come!!! :)

Good to see you all again and a big congrats to Justin on his new personal best.

Cheers,

Brian.

Thanks! :) :D

Thats bloody superb Brian! Well done. I guess that was on drag radials? (if so which ones!)

What did Justin run today? I think he had something like an 11.9 BP too.

Yep but wasn't really worth the bother TBH - 2.0 60ft on road tyres (Falken FK-452's) and 1.9 60ft on my BFG Pro Comp T/A's.

The Mickey Thomson DR runners seemed to hook up a bit better on the crappy surface with 1.8 sec 60fts.... need to rethink my tyre choice for these airfield surfaces. Think a prepped track at the Pod would suit the BFG's most as all the yanks get good 60fts on them on tarmac.

Justin said he managed an 11.6 today :thumbs: