The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Importing Supra into Nanning, China in 2008, is it practical?

KaoriFan

Well, from 2008 i could very well be spending most of my life in Nanning, China, and saying cheerio to UK :D. maybe only come back here 2 months each year to visit.

So will sell Supra here, but really want to know if it is practical to import one into Nanning and drive in China?

I know i have to learn Chinese to pass Chinese driving test.

maybe i buy one of these as well, always fancied a T72 and no parking problems, park anywhere :D

http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/Tanks_Trucks_Jeeps_for_sale.htm

ja ne

Ian

if the chinese drive anything like they do in Indonesia, I would say no. The RULE of the road:

"he who is bigger, WINS"

If not maybe, but surely going over to Japan and getting one from there would be better...??

How long you planning on staying out there...??

It's complete anarchy on China's roads, I would not want to drive there. They also drive on the opposite side of the road and AFAIK it is very difficult for a non-Chinese resident to get a driving license there at all.

if the chinese drive anything like they do in Indonesia, I would say no. The RULE of the road:

"he who is bigger, WINS"

If not maybe, but surely going over to Japan and getting one from there would be better...??

How long you planning on staying out there...??

hi Graham,

lol, i do worry about their driving (or lack of it). I have been scared to death of the lack of road skill in Manila, so know it is bad in Asia.

if i do buy Supra, i will have to get from Japan, easiest option. first need to find if someone can handle doing work on it, as i am clueless on cars.

hopefully, staying there forever, if things work out, fiancee is from Nanning and much of her family still live there. Fiancee loves England, and wants for me to keep roots here so i don't lose ties to my home, so we come here month or two each year just visit.

Gonna buy two houses and a business in Nanning, and make loads of cash :)

i have had it with the UK it's been wrecked by Blair. No law and order, only protect the bad guy, law abiding people get screwed.

America will get us nuked one day as well, so if i am gonna get nuked may as well get nuked in China, like it's supposed to be, lol.

It's complete anarchy on China's roads, I would not want to drive there. They also drive on the opposite side of the road and AFAIK it is very difficult for a non-Chinese resident to get a driving license there at all.

Hi Nic,

China, i agree is not my first choice to drive, but i would miss the Supra. If i had one, i can come to HK Supra meets :)

Bus and Taxi are excellent in Nanning and low crime is great, less chance of getting robbed there than England.

Getting a Chinese Driving licence won't be easy, i have to sit exams and write answers in Chinese, or you don't stand a chance.

Road signs are a problem as well, it's not like Beijing, which is fairly westernized due to Olympics.

maybe i can take test in HK as i am going there too, and see if i can use it in China.

ja ne

Ian

goto HK

get UK licence copied in HK transportation department for $1000HKD (you will still have your UK licence)

get car in HK

register for mainland use, you'll have 2 number plates on your car

drive to china in car

sorted

America will get us nuked one day as well, so if i am gonna get nuked may as well get nuked in China, like it's supposed to be, lol.

ja ne

Ian

what does that supposed to mean? choose ur word carefully my friend :rolleyes:

I'd think you'd have probs register the car in China, especially if u had a modded supra ( cant pass year exmas with the exhaust etc.) but as you are going to Nanning, thats a lot easier than bringing it to BeiJing but you still need someone do u a favor :)

let me know how u get on as im planning bring my supra back to China, may as well just register it in Nanning if thats an easier option

what does that supposed to mean? choose ur word carefully my friend :rolleyes:

to clarify my words :)

i am marrying Chinese woman and living with her in Nanning :love: . going to stay with her in September and October as well. My words meant with USA throwing its weight around everywhere they always wanted to nuke communist countries, but since 9/11 it is middle east that wants to nuke us. (if i had my way nuclear weapons would be thing of the past).

90% of my friends are Chinese, TW, HK or Japanese.

Personally, i have loved Asian culture and history (China and Japan) for over 20 years. now i have the chance to live there. Many in the west don't really know how beautiful a country China really is, they only know of Japan.

I think since Bush has been in power world has got a lot more unsafe. The geo-political situation in the world is worse than when Clinton was in power.

Blair since he followed Bush has also made the UK a haven for terrorists who want to destroy us.

-----

as for the Supra:

sure, i will keep you posted if i find anything out :)

Nanning is a good option, as it is close to Beihai and practical for HK.

Yes, agree that if you know the right people you get things moving more smoothly. even down to Visa extensions.

true, i think a modded Supra will be problems, so will go with a standard TT.

if you find anything out as well, appreciate knowing too :) who knows maybe we are the only two Supra's in Mainland :)

ja ne

Ian

or should that be

xie xie

Ian