The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dash rings

Golddigga

I'm looking for possibility of producing them in Poland, still waiting one person to contact Jola with quote and time of preparing test set. If you are patient, we will maybe have something interesting soon.

If you run into trouble with these, I would be able to get them made in china (stainless or Aluminium), just need to send a sample, same goes for heater controls etc. Just a thought ;)

China huh? Yeah right....

MVP's got the market covered. REAL aluminum and a full sleeve.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/c0wboy/gauge%20rings/mvp2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/c0wboy/Gaugerings14.jpg

Yeah China, I buy a lot from China as it's my job :rolleyes:

I get some quite complicated parts made in China, I don't think a set of rings would be that much of a challenge for them, they'd also be a fraction of the price.

Look here, the only thing I want from China anywhere in my life is Chinese food, dry cleaners, and the lady that does my girlfiends nails. There's no way I'd willingly be putting anything from China onto my Supra; that includes everything cheap-bay turbo kits to small asthetic items like what we make. IMHO, it stains the image of the MKIV and lower resale value.

Eric

Look here, the only thing I want from China anywhere in my life is Chinese food, dry cleaners, and the lady that does my girlfiends nails. There's no way I'd willingly be putting anything from China onto my Supra; that includes everything cheap-bay turbo kits to small asthetic items like what we make. IMHO, it stains the image of the MKIV and lower resale value.

Eric

So, nothing on your car is made in China :blink:

I just do everything I possibly can to keep the blantant cheapo Chinese crap off. Some items like gauges I have no control over, but everything I do. Especially with the V8 swap, I have an account of where everything originates since we fabricate most of it here locally.

Eric

Yea and Ipod is shite quality too... You are fabricating most of things locally and charge 2x for the same job done in Poland and 4x done in China. Those are bloody aluminium rings, most of the price is labour anyway.

Guest Nicholas
I'm looking for possibility of producing them in Poland, still waiting one person to contact Jola with quote and time of preparing test set. If you are patient, we will maybe have something interesting soon.

There's a polish woman in the subway in Westminster always gets my order wrong no matter how slowly I tell her so no thanks!

If you run into trouble with these, I would be able to get them made in china (stainless or Aluminium), just need to send a sample, same goes for heater controls etc. Just a thought ;)

Same as above there's a nice chinese woman that works in McDonalds in westminster always gets my order wrong.. yes I kid you not in Mc D's!! so no thanks!

There's a polish woman in the subway in Westminster always gets my order wrong no matter how slowly I tell her so no thanks!

Same as above there's a nice chinese woman that works in McDonalds in westminster always gets my order wrong.. yes I kid you not in Mc D's!! so no thanks!

Did you miss part about aluminium rings? You would be suprised, how many of the things you are using (phone,TV,car stereo etc.) is made by those nice Chinese, who cannot speak word in english.

Yea and Ipod is shite quality too... You are fabricating most of things locally and charge 2x for the same job done in Poland and 4x done in China. Those are bloody aluminium rings, most of the price is labour anyway.

I don't manufacture the Ipod, so I can't comment about it's quality, but I do know about our quality controls and the fact that our products are not whored out to Chinatown for the sake of making a little extra on each sale. Our aluminum rings are right in line with what the market deems they are worth. Fwiw, TRD charges $30 more than we do, and their rings are nothing more than pastic window stripping.

Eric

Guest Nicholas
Did you miss part about aluminium rings? You would be suprised, how many of the things you are using (phone,TV,car stereo etc.) is made by those nice Chinese, who cannot speak word in english.

I'm not disputing we use parts that are manufactured by machines in factory's in china.. All I'm saying is I wouldn't trust them to copy Eric's dash rings and get the same quality considering they can't even get my subway order right.

That's just my personal opinion :)

Look here, the only thing I want from China anywhere in my life is Chinese food.

Eric

They say that in about 25 years the Chinese economy will overtake that of The United States.

Their human and animal rights record is terrible and if I had a choice I wouldn't buy anything that was made there.

Unfortunately a very high proportion of goods sold in the UK are made in China.

I'm not disputing we use parts that are manufactured by machines in factory's in china.. All I'm saying is I wouldn't trust them to copy Eric's dash rings and get the same quality considering they can't even get my subway order right.

That's just my personal opinion :)

I didn't know, that to make aluminium rings you have to speak english. And person, who will do those, will NOT copy nothing, he will have dash and knowledge. I cannot understand half of what my fellow indian drivers talking about, because they are hopeless in spelling, still they are great drivers.

It should also give you something to think about - if she cannot get your subway order, try to learn this sentence in polish - she will do exactly what asked for. If you think I cannot explain to someone in Poland, how I want those rings to look, you are wrong - I speak perfect polish. Elmo's work is getting things from China, so i belive he is proffesional in his work and also know, how to explain, what he want from his chinese contractors.

What you just said is arrogant and shows, how small minded you can become.

They say that in about 25 years the Chinese economy will overtake that of The United States.

Their human and animal rights record is terrible and if I had a choice I wouldn't buy anything that was made there.

Unfortunately a very high proportion of goods sold in the UK are made in China.

I believe that general goods are one thing, but when it comes to Supra specific automotive parts, it's another situation entirely. The MKIV is a different breed entirely and should be held to a high standard. Slapping on cheapo downtown Chinatown parts just to save a buck really does the car a disservice.

Eric

I believe that general goods are one thing, but when it comes to Supra specific automotive parts, it's another situation entirely. The MKIV is a different breed entirely and should be held to a high standard. Slapping on cheapo downtown Chinatown parts just to save a buck really does the car a disservice.

Eric

I'm not saying you are NOT doing good job with mkiv parts, instalation, V8 project and general knowledge about car mechanically. What I try to point out - it is bloody DASH RINGS, not crank pulley, turbo kit or such. And even then, where BL is doing their turbo kit?

I'm not saying you are NOT doing good job with mkiv parts, instalation, V8 project and general knowledge about car mechanically. What I try to point out - it is bloody DASH RINGS, not crank pulley, turbo kit or such. And even then, where BL is doing their turbo kit?

I'll let BL comment on where they're kits are made, I don't work for BL so I don't know. Point is if you wna tto send your stuff to China to be mass produced to the tune of 5000 copies jsut so you can save a buck or two, hey no one is going to stop you. But with my personal car, if I can keep Chinese made cheap crap off of it, then I certainly will do so.

Eric

I'll let BL comment on where they're kits are made, I don't work for BL so I don't know. Point is if you wna tto send your stuff to China to be mass produced to the tune of 5000 copies jsut so you can save a buck or two, hey no one is going to stop you. But with my personal car, if I can keep Chinese made cheap crap off of it, then I certainly will do so.

Eric

If I will have occasion and possibility to make those rings, I will make them like ss dials, just for mkivsupra.net club members and with no or minimal income for me. That's what would make them cheapo as you say :) Also materials would be from Poland, which is one of world leaders in producing aluminium. Search for KGHM Poland. Saying this, I wouldn't mass produce this, you are safe ;)

Guest Nicholas
I didn't know, that to make aluminium rings you have to speak english. And person, who will do those, will NOT copy nothing, he will have dash and knowledge. I cannot understand half of what my fellow indian drivers talking about, because they are hopeless in spelling, still they are great drivers.

It should also give you something to think about - if she cannot get your subway order, try to learn this sentence in polish - she will do exactly what asked for. If you think I cannot explain to someone in Poland, how I want those rings to look, you are wrong - I speak perfect polish. Elmo's work is getting things from China, so i belive he is proffesional in his work and also know, how to explain, what he want from his chinese contractors.

What you just said is arrogant and shows, how small minded you can become.

Yes I am arrogant and small minded especially towards those that cannot follow simple instructions.

Now I could be nasty and pick holes in your poor English but I've got a feeling you may get even more upset so I'll leave it at that.

Oh and I will learn that sentance in Polish despite being in London, ENGLAND!! Who knows, maybe she'll get my order right :D

Yes I am arrogant and small minded especially towards those that cannot follow simple instructions.

Now I could be nasty and pick holes in your poor English but I've got a feeling you may get even more upset so I'll leave it at that.

Oh and I will learn that sentance in Polish despite being in London, ENGLAND!! Who knows, maybe she'll get my order right :D

I wouldn't feel upset really, I would probably learn something new. Good job, you didn't tho, because before you will correct others poor english, try to correct your perfect one.

Guest Nicholas
I wouldn't feel upset really, I would probably learn something new. Good job, you didn't tho, because before you will correct others poor english, try to correct your perfect one.

You http://psych.wisc.edu/lang/drew/New/muppet-GROUP.jpg

:D

I just do everything I possibly can to keep the blantant cheapo Chinese crap off. Some items like gauges I have no control over, but everything I do. Especially with the V8 swap, I have an account of where everything originates since we fabricate most of it here locally.

Eric

You are entitled to your opinion Eric, but your view on Chinese products is a little old fashioned. Like Konio-nt said, they are just alumium rings, nothing special in that, REAL Aluminium is used worldwide not just in your workshop, they're not made from platinium you know!

I have dealt with Chinese factories for nearly 9 years and in that time bought 100's of thousends of products, yes there is some crap out there but there are also some very good and highly equipped factories. The only difference between buying from you and the chinese is the chinese can make the same products for a fraction of the cost. You charge £25 for 3 aluminium rings, in China this price would be closer to £4.50 per set and thats being very generous in my estimation!

For example, I was quoted $10 (£5!!!) for rear brake discs for my Supra, I got a couple of FOC samples, fitted them to my car 15 months ago and they are still on there now, nothing wrong with the quality!