The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ringwood, 7th August

juanchan

Well, three of us would be as many as the last meet! ;)

If anyone fancies a random meet during August, I'm sure I'll be free. I heard a mention of a BBQ in the New Forest, and I'm more than up for that. Not sure I have the time to sort it, but I have quarter pounders ready and waiting :thumbs:

I'm around tomorrow, or next tuesday either way.

A New Forest meet would be great too....whos balls are brass enough to organise it though:)

I think the 7th is the best - give people a chance to see this thread.

And well volunteered Mr Foster! I'm free pretty much every Friday afternoon and all weekends in August :D

Where did you guys have the BBQ that's in the "Hampshire BBQ Meet" video that I've seen? Was it a good venue?

Juan - that BBQ in the vid was in victoria country park (such a long way from work!) they have bbq areas you can private hire.

Anyone fancy sorting something? I would, but being homeless I've got a few other pressing matters to sort out first really :D

My power steering leak has turned from a mere trickle to a torrent that empties every 5-10 miles. So it's unlikely I'll be able to get to this as it'll need sorting out this week in the evenings :(

If I do make it, I'll be Supra-less :cry:

As Ill be helping to sort it, its doubtful I will be there either.

Well that was a fun mini meet. :)

Alright, so I was the only one there really. :(

But I was just about to go home when B'Have turned up so we stopped and chatted for a while about TTs and whether big singles were unreliable or not. Topical in the current climate d'you see?

Then Charlie uttered the words "Have you ever been in a single?" Closely followed by "Do you want to?" when I said I hadn't...

WOW - what a rush. :D

I can truly say my neck hurt from trying to keep my head upright when that beast accelerated. :blink:

I can see what all the fuss is about now. It was fantastic! :D

But Lin would kill me if I ever dreamed of upping my Supra to that level of performance.

Plus I could never afford to have a real tuner do the work so would end up with an unreliable daily driver.

So I guess my BPU(-) VVTi will have to do. Even if it did seem real slow on the way back home. :( :( Thanks Charlie. :cry:

Oh, nearly forgot. I beat the crap out of an '07 Audi TT on the way there. I was in the slow lane minding my own and he kept teasing me in the r/h lane. I'm a mild mannered fellow but there's only so much I can take before my right foot gets too heavy. ;)

Well that was a fun mini meet. :)

Alright, so I was the only one there really. :(

But I was just about to go home when B'Have turned up so we stopped and chatted for a while about TTs and whether big singles were unreliable or not. Topical in the current climate d'you see?

Then Charlie uttered the words "Have you ever been in a single?" Closely followed by "Do you want to?" when I said I hadn't...

WOW - what a rush. :D

I can truly say my neck hurt from trying to keep my head upright when that beast accelerated. :blink:

I can see what all the fuss is about now. It was fantastic! :D

But Lin would kill me if I ever dreamed of upping my Supra to that level of performance.

Plus I could never afford to have a real tuner do the work so would end up with an unreliable daily driver.

So I guess my BPU(-) VVTi will have to do. Even if it did seem real slow on the way back home. :( :( Thanks Charlie. :cry:

Oh, nearly forgot. I beat the crap out of an '07 Audi TT on the way there. I was in the slow lane minding my own and he kept teasing me in the r/h lane. I'm a mild mannered fellow but there's only so much I can take before my right foot gets too heavy. ;)

Glad you enjoyed it Ivan :) Sorry I couldn't stay for long.

At least you had fun in the end Ken!

Sorry I couldn't make it, but my car's currently in pieces in my mate's back garden. On the plus side, it means I can hopefully sort out some of the minor issues whilst she's off the road :D

nice one ken,

seems like a pants turnout then.

did WSB2 organise this one?

:( I suggested it :(

The two in May and June seemed to have a good turnout though.