PDA

View Full Version : Ringwood, 7th August

juanchan
28-07-07, 21:58
Anyone interested?

I'd be up for this Tuesday as well, but I appreciate that it's a bit short notice for people :d

b'have
28-07-07, 22:07
Yep, should be there :)

ivan
29-07-07, 00:58
:thumbs:

juanchan
29-07-07, 04:49
Well, three of us would be as many as the last meet! ;)

If anyone fancies a random meet during August, I'm sure I'll be free. I heard a mention of a BBQ in the New Forest, and I'm more than up for that. Not sure I have the time to sort it, but I have quarter pounders ready and waiting :thumbs:

ivan
29-07-07, 13:14
The Fairmile BBQ is on 17th August (see the SE forum)
And DJCC are having a BBQ in Sept.
Not heard of any others though.

Ewen
31-07-07, 00:07
I'm around tomorrow, or next tuesday either way.
A New Forest meet would be great too....whos balls are brass enough to organise it though:)

juanchan
31-07-07, 13:20
I'm around tomorrow, or next tuesday either way.
A New Forest meet would be great too....whos balls are brass enough to organise it though:)

I think the 7th is the best - give people a chance to see this thread.

And well volunteered Mr Foster! I'm free pretty much every Friday afternoon and all weekends in August :d

Where did you guys have the BBQ that's in the "Hampshire BBQ Meet" video that I've seen? Was it a good venue?

Lucas
01-08-07, 13:42
Well i am up for a meet and now that the Summer is here got to be the best time.

JohnK
02-08-07, 13:29
Juan - that BBQ in the vid was in victoria country park (such a long way from work!) they have bbq areas you can private hire.

G9RGE
02-08-07, 17:29
il be there

juanchan
02-08-07, 18:38
Juan - that BBQ in the vid was in victoria country park (such a long way from work!) they have bbq areas you can private hire.

Anyone fancy sorting something? I would, but being homeless I've got a few other pressing matters to sort out first really :d

juanchan
05-08-07, 21:32
My power steering leak has turned from a mere trickle to a torrent that empties every 5-10 miles. So it's unlikely I'll be able to get to this as it'll need sorting out this week in the evenings :(
If I do make it, I'll be Supra-less :cry:

JohnK
05-08-07, 21:59
My power steering leak has turned from a mere trickle to a torrent that empties every 5-10 miles. So it's unlikely I'll be able to get to this as it'll need sorting out this week in the evenings :(
If I do make it, I'll be Supra-less :cry:

As Ill be helping to sort it, its doubtful I will be there either.

juanchan
05-08-07, 22:26
As Ill be helping to sort it, its doubtful I will be there either.

We all know you're the brains of the outfit here. I'll make sure the kettle's ready for a brew when you need it though :d

Whitesupraboy2
05-08-07, 22:28
Well this depends on my cars MOT, it runs out tomorrow amd I forgot...oppps

Ewen
05-08-07, 22:51
:)Is it still on then ?

juanchan
05-08-07, 23:12
Don't let my absence stop you guys from meeting up for the evening. I'm sure John and I will try and head along, but it's looking doubtful unfortunately.

ivan
05-08-07, 23:53
Well I'm up for a meet and chat.
Anything to get out of the house. ;)

Ark
06-08-07, 12:41
I'll check with the boss, but we might be there.

ivan
07-08-07, 19:58
Bump. :D

ivan
08-08-07, 01:28
Well that was a fun mini meet. :)

Alright, so I was the only one there really. :(

But I was just about to go home when B'Have turned up so we stopped and chatted for a while about TTs and whether big singles were unreliable or not. Topical in the current climate d'you see?

Then Charlie uttered the words "Have you ever been in a single?" Closely followed by "Do you want to?" when I said I hadn't...

WOW - what a rush. :D
I can truly say my neck hurt from trying to keep my head upright when that beast accelerated. :blink:
I can see what all the fuss is about now. It was fantastic! :D

But Lin would kill me if I ever dreamed of upping my Supra to that level of performance.
Plus I could never afford to have a real tuner do the work so would end up with an unreliable daily driver.

So I guess my BPU(-) VVTi will have to do. Even if it did seem real slow on the way back home. :( :( Thanks Charlie. :cry:

Oh, nearly forgot. I beat the crap out of an '07 Audi TT on the way there. I was in the slow lane minding my own and he kept teasing me in the r/h lane. I'm a mild mannered fellow but there's only so much I can take before my right foot gets too heavy. ;)

lockys96
08-08-07, 07:43
nice one ken,

seems like a pants turnout then.

did WSB2 organise this one?

b'have
08-08-07, 09:04
Well that was a fun mini meet. :)

Alright, so I was the only one there really. :(

But I was just about to go home when B'Have turned up so we stopped and chatted for a while about TTs and whether big singles were unreliable or not. Topical in the current climate d'you see?

Then Charlie uttered the words "Have you ever been in a single?" Closely followed by "Do you want to?" when I said I hadn't...

WOW - what a rush. :D
I can truly say my neck hurt from trying to keep my head upright when that beast accelerated. :blink:
I can see what all the fuss is about now. It was fantastic! :D

But Lin would kill me if I ever dreamed of upping my Supra to that level of performance.
Plus I could never afford to have a real tuner do the work so would end up with an unreliable daily driver.

So I guess my BPU(-) VVTi will have to do. Even if it did seem real slow on the way back home. :( :( Thanks Charlie. :cry:

Oh, nearly forgot. I beat the crap out of an '07 Audi TT on the way there. I was in the slow lane minding my own and he kept teasing me in the r/h lane. I'm a mild mannered fellow but there's only so much I can take before my right foot gets too heavy. ;)

Glad you enjoyed it Ivan :) Sorry I couldn't stay for long.

Whitesupraboy2
08-08-07, 09:06
I was collecting my car from Triton. Passed MOT thank god!

juanchan
08-08-07, 10:17
At least you had fun in the end Ken!

Sorry I couldn't make it, but my car's currently in pieces in my mate's back garden. On the plus side, it means I can hopefully sort out some of the minor issues whilst she's off the road :d

nice one ken,

did WSB2 organise this one?

:( I suggested it :(

The two in May and June seemed to have a good turnout though.

Ark
08-08-07, 11:09
We got there at about 20:30...nobody about. Hung around and had a drink in the hope that someone might come by, but gave up and went home :(

Ewen
08-08-07, 14:55
Sincere apologies for not turning up.

ivan
08-08-07, 16:42
nice one ken,

did WSB2 organise this one?LOL Si. No, it's a regular thing now.
1st Tuesday of the month all during the summer.

lockys96
08-08-07, 20:49
that was a joke, but i thought that the WBS2 effect