The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you think?

Guest NE1L

I've been lookiing at buying my first Supra for a while now and after getting rid of my old car I am now actively looking.

I came across a 1993 L 'reg' non turbo one this weekend on sale at a garage for £3495 will 111,000 mile on the clock.

The car looks immaculate and in good condition.

Do you think this would be a good buy? Are there any problems or issues I should look out for when buying. your help would be appriciated and hopefully soon I'll be showing you all my new Supra lol

:D

P.S.

This is what the garage have described it as............

Metallic Silver. 111,000 Miles. Metallic Silver. ABS. Power Assisted Steering. Remote Central Locking. Air Con. Electric Windows & Mirrors. Alloys. Rear Spoiler. Fully Colour Coded. £3,495

and pic.....................

Supra.jpg

PPS lol :p

It does look like there is dent in the rear from the pic but I've seen it in the flesh and it must just be the photo coz it's immaculate

PPS lol :p

It does look like there is dent in the rear from the pic but I've seen it in the flesh and it must just be the photo coz it's immaculate

Is it an auto? If it's manual then it's a good price!

If it's in good condition then it's an ok price for an auto.

H.

It's an auto but everything seems to work. I had a wee short drive in it :eyebrows: and all electrics worked as they should if not better than expected.

Condition wise it's immaculate. The sale man told me he took it as part exchange from a 50 ish year old guy who says only used it for the commute to work and back each day. He had it from about 55,000 miles to date and for the past 7 years.

I hope you guys with the experiance and expertises can keep me right so I get the right car and a good deal

It's an auto but everything seems to work. I had a wee short drive in it :eyebrows: and all electrics worked as they should if not better than expected.

Condition wise it's immaculate. The sale man told me he took it as part exchange from a 50 ish year old guy who says only used it for the commute to work and back each day. He had it from about 55,000 miles to date and for the past 7 years.

I hope you guys with the experiance and expertises can keep me right so I get the right car and a good deal

Have a good look around Neil. If a silver NA auto floats your boat then there are shit loads around. This one seems ok but if you look on Auto trader there are loads of them!

H.

What sorta performance would I expect from a N/A?

I had a look on Autotrader and this seems around the same price as most. Also with the garage I get a 6 month parts and labour warrenty. Wouldn't get that off of a private sale which is what swayed me to this one

What sorta performance would I expect from a N/A?

I had a look on Autotrader and this seems around the same price as most. Also with the garage I get a 6 month parts and labour warrenty. Would get that off of a private sale which is what swayed me to this one

Performance?? Don't expect too much mate. They will go if pushed, if it's performance you want then a tt is the one for you!

6 months parts and labour would give a lot of peace of mind!!

H.

I'm not really after performance. I want a Supra for the looks and the fact it's a great reliable car.

Performance though I want justified for the car lol I don't want to be embarrassed by the 1.2 Corsa crew off the line etc lol coz with a car like the Supra there gonna be ass's and try to beat you and show you up :rolleyes:

There's nothing better just now than seeing they're face when I embarress them in front of there 16 year old spotty girlfriend when they try to show off to my in my 1.9Dci Laguna. Lol they never learn

I'm not really after performance. I want a Supra for the looks and the fact it's a great reliable car.

Performance though I want justified for the car lol I don't want to be embarrassed by the 1.2 Corsa crew off the line etc lol coz with a car like the Supra there gonna be ass's and try to beat you and show you up :rolleyes:

Just over 6 seconds 0 - 60 is no slouch but you may be embarrased by the odd kitted up Subaru or Evo. I have a manual NA and when you drop it down a gear it will move.

I would test drive a few Neil...;) I drove an NA a while ago when I was looking and I was glad to get back in my 2.0D Mondeo.....:rolleyes:

H.

As I say I ain't really up for racing Evo's or Scoobs! Just the ones that deserve an embarrassment lol (Baseball cap generation)

Just over 6 secs is pretty good for a N/A though! I've been and done the diesel for a while now and of course the torque etc is fantastic to play with but I really have been in love with the Supra for years and finally decided now is the time LOl :eyebrows:

You should be able to get a decent manual for a bit more money.

I've not driven an auto, so IMO I like to be in control when driving and you can drop it whenever you want.

It should also keep a bit more value when you eventually sell it for a TT!!

Hi Neil :welcome:

Whats your budget? Do you prefer manual or auto? (manual's are a bit more expensive but the autobox is excellent too) Have you tried a TT yet? Have you had a look on our for sale thread? buying off a forum member should get you a very well looked after and pampered beast ;) so you wouldnt get ripped off by some lairy dealer anway :)

I've had my manual NA for 7 months now, never stopped smiling :D good luck with your search mate,

Linda

x

I think I'd prefere the auto too. I've always had manual cars but my dad recently bought an auto car and it's fantastic to drive without the hassle of changing up and down in heavy slow traffic.

I am moving onto a company car and buying the Supra for my own personal use (mainly weekends). I have always wanted the Supra but would never have been able to run a car for work and a Supra. But now I am getting the company car I am eventually realising my dream lol :D

I ain't worried about re-sale value. I don't intend to sell it on for a long long time once i have it. Why would you get rid of the gorgeous Supra lol :rolleyes:

Right I went back to the garage today and had a very very detailed look at it.

A few things I noticed

1, It's a 5 Speed Manual (Gear knob slightly shabby/worn but can be replaced)

2, There is a small bubble of rust on the passengers side door. About half way up between the bottom of the window and the bottom of the door. It's right on the door edge and about the size of a 5p coin.

3, The centre console around the gear stick and back to the storage compartment between the fron seats is a bit 'tired' looking. A few scratches (well polished may hide these I think) but there is a few small flakes of the paint on the plastic coming away too.

What do you think guys? Apart from the above it seems in great condition. A good polish to the exterior and it would look fantastic.

3, The centre console around the gear stick and back to the storage compartment between the fron seats is a bit 'tired' looking. A few scratches (well polished may hide these I think) but there is a few small flakes of the paint on the plastic coming away too.

Do you mean the ashtray area. This stuff scratches very easily on pre-facelift cars and as it's a rubberized coating I don't think you could just polish it. However, a replacement piece of trim shouldn't cost much.

Yeah it's the rubber-y stuff that is pealing slightly in some small areas. I guessed a replacement part wouldn't be to hard to come by or expensive.

It's the rust that worries me :( Can it be repaired/irradicated easily? Are the Supra's prone to bad rusting. The area of rust on this car is very small and I checked the car all over and the rest of the bodywork seemed fine.