The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Importing A TT Supra! Have I got a good deal?

Sparky

Hi all.

Ive decided to move up to the next level and purchase a Jspec TT. Ive been looking around for ages but all the examples I see are either high mileage or very modified (Modified badly etc).

So theres this company who are on my local Jap car Club. Hes a nice bloke and has been doing this for a while now. He got me a load of prices for Jspec TT's and i was quite suprised with how cheap they were!

Im looking between 5-6k Max for a grade 4 listed car (Which is excellent condition im told). He only buys low mileage cars and said i would be looking at 60k at the most.

So 6k for a low mileage TT and i can choose which 1 i want as well from a list that changes every week or so.. Does this sound good to anyone?

Hi all.

Ive decided to move up to the next level and purchase a Jspec TT. Ive been looking around for ages but all the examples I see are either high mileage or very modified (Modified badly etc).

So theres this company who are on my local Jap car Club. Hes a nice bloke and has been doing this for a while now. He got me a load of prices for Jspec TT's and i was quite suprised with how cheap they were!

Im looking between 5-6k Max for a grade 4 listed car (Which is excellent condition im told). He only buys low mileage cars and said i would be looking at 60k at the most.

So 6k for a low mileage TT and i can choose which 1 i want as well from a list that changes every week or so.. Does this sound good to anyone?

5-6k Mmmmm! I would be wary if its a grade 4. Mean i paid alot more for mine and mine was a grade 4 from Jurgen, and its a belter.

Why dont you contact Jurgen on this site, he brings in some Great cars, for really good prices.

Geo

Hi all.

I've been talking to a import company about getting a low mileage NA from Japan - he warned me that a lot of dealers spout low prices but that I would be looking at 6k for a decent NA. As TTs tend to fetch more money I would be very interested to see what you get - I'd have thought after all the charges you would be looking at around 8k+ for a grade 4 TT.

If you do manage to source them at his price let me know as I would be very interested.

I've been talking to a import company about getting a low mileage NA from Japan - he warned me that a lot of dealers spout low prices but that I would be looking at 6k for a decent NA. As TTs tend to fetch more money I would be very interested to see what you get - I'd have thought after all the charges you would be looking at around 8k+ for a grade 4 TT.

If you do manage to source them at his price let me know as I would be very interested.

i think evryone would:D

I had mine (auto TT grade 4) imported almost a year ago exactly. It was a very tidy, low mileage (certified, and backed up by a respected mechanics opinion), clean example. It is one of the oldest out there (autumn 1993) and was completely stock. I paid approx £6100 (all in) - maybe I was lucky?? :search:

Ive been told Southampton Car Auctions is a good place to go. I don't live too far away either. When are the Auctions held?

As for the other posts. Thankyou for the advise. I did think it was quite cheap although he did say it was a special deal lol so probably low profit making!

Ive been told Southampton Car Auctions is a good place to go. I don't live too far away either. When are the Auctions held?

As for the other posts. Thankyou for the advise. I did think it was quite cheap although he did say it was a special deal lol so probably low profit making!

There are 2 main auction houses in S'hampton - The one at dock gate 10 will sell you anything (and to any private buyer) over the counter while the dock gate 4 mob will only sell a car through bidding (and you need to be a trader); however, they will sell you a car over the counter on the condition that it has already gone through the auction once and where the original reserve was not met!

Both are open Mon-Fri for viewing until about 4pm but Tuesday is the auction day in both cases.

Does the £6k he's quoted include conversion, registration etc?

I know this is aimed at the other chap Ken but for the auctions etc; the Speedo, tax, 1st registration and fog lamp is all you need and then you're away. Dont forget that you don't need an SVA for anythig over 10-years old, meaning that you can buy a Jun 1997 car without an SVA now (and it changes every month to reflect the 10-year rule!;))

I don't think so! That'll push the price up abit!

Speedo face: £10

MPH Calibration unit: £40-£60 (Optional)

Plates: £30

DVLA Registration: £50

Nice looking foggy: £15

EDIT: Oh yes! and I forgot to mention the auction £150 to £250 price tag for buying from an auction which gets added to the total price!

MOT & bits if required: ?

sorry to burn out the candle but, 6k for a grade 4 tt registered to the uk from japan is impossible..

i will buy 20 of them and sell them for 7k each lol

maybe at southampton auctions but these are not jap grades but the uk grading system they give it..

if your lucky you will get a bog standard tt at auction over 70,000miles for 5200 at auction then comes all your charges minimum is over 8k to uk..

Speedo face: £10

MPH Calibration unit: £40-£60 (Optional)

Plates: £30

DVLA Registration: £50

Nice looking foggy: £15

EDIT: Oh yes! and I forgot to mention the auction £150 to £250 price tag for buying from an auction which gets added to the total price!

MOT & bits if required: ?

mot too ,to pay for and if the mot doesnt pass which is most likely due to tyres etc can be big money and then what if there is a fault with the car like clutches (which is mega common on supras even japan grade 4s)

lol imagine you could bring mint low miles tt supra 6 speed grade 4and for 6k in uk registered..

auto yes but tt 6 speed no chance :search:

Ummm.. I dont remember mentioning 6 speed! Ill email him again to make sure but ive gone over the emails and read the descriptions of the cars he was offering and the specs all match up!

Lol no problem. I did say manual as I hate Autos with a passion but ill have to double check. Starting to think he may have something wrong with his quote but will have to wait and see!

Damn was getting really excited as well. Im happy to spend more but the more i save the more i can spend etc etc

Lol no problem. I did say manual as I hate Autos with a passion but ill have to double check. Starting to think he may have something wrong with his quote but will have to wait and see!

Damn was getting really excited as well. Im happy to spend more but the more i save the more i can spend etc etc

seriously to import one from japan for 6k on road low miles grade 4 is impossible,,, but not impossible for badly damaged or already in uk or uk auctions