The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's through the MOT

steb9780

The Supra passed the MOT with flying colours this morning.

Even with a double de-cat :sly:

He tested it said it was right on the line, so I take it he means on the top limit. But it's not on the database so doesn't matter anyway.

Girlfriend wasn't happy when my 13 year old car passed straight through and her 3 year old civic didn't last week(although hers only needed a set of sidelight bulbs and wiper blades.) ;)

Either way though it's still been the cheapest round of MOT's we have ever had. Last year it was £300 for my rover coupe turbo and £120 for the gf's polo. We both got new cars last year the Civic and the Supra and this time round it cost me £35 for mine and £48 for hers.

Well chuffed :ecstatic:

:D good to hear it. Mines fully decatted too, due for MOT early September, I've a 2nd decat at the ready just in case, hopefully won't need it. How come it wasnt on the database btw??

Linda

I think it's to do with when it was made, and if it requires an emissions test, although I could be wrong.

Mine needed tyres to go through, but got them before hand.

Can't really complain about tyres, you know they go in the end.

Shocks sound expensive though, you going to go for after market ones?

Yeah I don't think you can complain either about tyres, if they're low enough to fail. They're to low anyway.

Also I don't think you can grumble with shocks, especially if they're old.