The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ok... another newbie who's supra searching...

Guest supramikey

Guest supramikey

It might be a while before i can actually commit to buying one but i thought i'd ask for advice before i put all my hopes into owning one.

When i plan on purchasing i'll be 23 years old with 2 years ncb and in possession of a car i can sell for about 6-7k. (i'll have to take a loan to settle up the finance on the car, but the point is the loan payments will be less than the finance ones). so im looking to spend about 5k on the car itself.

I do about 1250 miles a month, and this costs me about £125. pretty much. any idea what this would cost in a supra? (TT and NA)

As far as i can see the UK TT's are cheapest to insure, then the Jap NA, then the Jap TT is slightly more...

So i was thinking i may as well get a TT unless its running and buying costs are a lot more?

how does MPG differ between the two?

is the auto box relaible?

is it worth it to insure a jap one for more if the milage is usually lower?

any other advise?

any help is very much appreciated because i dont know where else i can get it.

no replies :(

this is my current car if anyone wants to swap ;)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b383/kyros_uk/lowered001sm.jpg

Hmm!! Think I'll pass on that....;)

Use the search button if you can and look at previous threads on these issues. The NA/TT fuel economy is not massively different unless you start going silly with the TT and then you can see some seriously low MPG figures. I get about 350 miles out of a full tank in my NA on a good run. Possibly about 275 - 300 pissing about round town.

If you are going to use it every day then maybe an NA would be a good purchase. Drive all types and see which you prefer.

H.

Hi, hope you find what you are looking for, but i think that you will struggle to get a TT for 5K. N/As are common for that money and you may find a high milage jap TT but definatley not a UK spec..

A UK TT will set you back 8K minimum and much more for a good one. Jap TTs are cheaper and either of them cost more with the 6 speed manual.

Fuel consumption is about 17 to 25 mpg for the N/A and similar for the TT so you will be paying about £300/month in petrol if you swap. I dread to think what insurance will be like for you if you are 23 with only 2 years NCB.

As for reliability its a toyota so they are bulletproof. Both TT and N/A are great, autobox or manuals seem hardwearing and capable of handling more power according to many of the threads on here.

Hope all goes well,

assuming 0.99p a litre and 20mpg its 270 a month on fuel alone. You'd also need to factor in the cost of oil changes etc.

Insurance might not be so bad. I am paying 913 fully comp on a UK spec TT and i'm only 21.

On a J spec the best quote i could get was 2400 though.

Guest supramikey

who are you insured with robin?

i was looking at quotes around 1500 for a jap.

you've kind of made me thing NA might be the best route. its not much slower is it???