The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone using an aftermarket cam in there N/A

Guest jk_supra

Guest jk_supra

as title, was thinkin bout putting cams in my NA, im aware you can only change the inlet one with converting to distributorless ignition, was wondering if anyone had done this??

or is there no point without changing the exhaust cam too??

also cam gears, they can be used on standard cams, would this be worth while?? a U.S site claims 22hp with unorthdox cam pullies, cant see it myself.......:blink:

I'm going AEM eventually, so I won't install it till the new engine build anyway. I would of course always recommend some sort of fueling control to ensure that it runs correctly, but depending on the level of the cam it may be within the ECU tolerance.

Guest jk_supra

this is taken for the mvp website,

HKS Intake Camshaft for 1993-96 Supra Non-Turbo - 264 Duration

Part # HK 2202-RT083

HKS camshafts are computer designed to optimize torque & horsepower. All camshafts are ground to exact specifications from new billets of high nickel iron alloy & equal or exceed the OEM units they replace in quality & workmanship. Idle will not be effected by installing this cam.

These do not fit the 1997-98 Non-Turbo. Also, you can not put an aftermarket exhaust camshaft in any year Non-Turbo, only an intake cam. The N/A exhaust camshaft has a distributor gear on it, the TT does not.

MSRP $520.00

Your Price $449.00

HKS Intake Camshaft for 1993-96 Supra Non-Turbo - 264 Duration

Part # HK 2202-RT083

This is just the standard intake cam for the 2JZGTE, not a special cam for the 2JZGE. The only reason for fitting on an NA would be if a turbo kit was added.

Anyone know the profiles and duration of the standard 2JZGE cam? I wouldn't have thought there'd be much/anything to be gained just by fitting different cams, without getting the head completely rebuilt/tuned with lighter internals to allow the engine to revved higher.

One for CW or Digsy to answer I think.

We have a set of cams here for a NA, Ill have to see what they are..

They were copied from a car, in Nailsea, Facelift NA, with 251.5hp. This had a modified stock ECU that would alow the cat to rev to 8.5K... This car would keep up with a standard TT...

They were due to go into my car, to see what happens without the modified ecu, but i havent got round to it yet...

Would deff be interesting

They were copied from a car, in Nailsea, Facelift NA, with 251.5hp. This had a modified stock ECU that would alow the cat to rev to 8.5K... This car would keep up with a standard TT...

They were due to go into my car, to see what happens without the modified ecu, but i havent got round to it yet...

Might be worth having a word with someone like piper, they may be interested in copying the profile, could be useful for the group buy.

You should get round to it!