The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The search for my supra

Sted

Ok, what's your budget, how old are you, main car or second car, insurance/driving history etc. I know questions questions questions, but give some idea of how much you've got to spend and factor in your running costs/insurance/fuel and the expensive bit aka the slippery slope ;) :D and lets see what we can get you. :)

With that you'll be looking at a J spec Auto TT 93/94 av condition with probably no mods or some.

Or a newer NA manual 5sp.

Have a look in the Supras for sale forum, most of the cars for sale there are members cars that have been well looked after with history since import. There are some bargains to be had, just don't rush and have alook and test drive a few before you decide.

Or a newer NA manual 5sp.

...or NA manual 6spd :)

Welcome to the club Ste :thumbs:

I'd suggest you have a read of the FAQ section first, to get a basic understanding of the different models and what to look for when buying. Anything else you need to know either do a search of just ask.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Good luck with your search.

hi matey ;) :salute:

:welcome: So, all that brainwashing I put you through at JAE actually worked :clap: But then you've driven Paul's N/A quite a lot so you know what their about ;) N/A is more practical for an everyday driver if you have to take petrol consumption and mileage into consideration. They also have less things to go wrong than a tt :D:run:

I'd go for a turbo though if you could get one for the money and running costs werent too much of an issue ;)

lol

Lxx

:)Hi all,

I m ste, i ve just signed up. I met a few of you at jae i was with havard, i am now looking to buy a supra as soon as a can. undecided what to get an n/a or a tt yet.

I'd get an early auto TT (that's what I did, very tidy and clean for just over £6K a year ago) - just so you could tell Havard every day that yours is faster. ;)

Alright lad n welcome

I just picked up mt TT manual last night - and o my god was she woth the cash!!! Spent a bit over your budget but stuck it out and found what i wanted.

Keep looking mate and youll find one eventually.

Ady

:) Welcome Ste glad you seen the light !! N/A or a TT i went for an N/A first then had ago in a TT then the rest is History LOL N/As are very good and keep up etc etc but its just the Burst of acceleration you get with the TT that did it for me its very addictive, i take it youve got to sell or px the beemer ? as you Know Paul, myself and a few others are Local so any help just ask ;)

Cheers

Ian

Guest Geneb

first thing you need to do bud is dump havard the guy has got a real bad rep on here for stiring up shit and being banned, after that get a N/A to play with then upgrade to a TT

I bought an N/A and just wanted a TT all the time, i ended up buying a TT and losing £ 2000 in a year (bought N/A for £ 6000 and sold for £ 4000), mind you the TT is a slippery slope, besides the running cost which are ridiculous as a daily driver:(, I spent approx £ 3500 on mods the first year and about £5000 over the past 2 months;), so just be prepared to be bitten by the bug.:)