The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie saying Hi!

Guest KingRichard

Guest KingRichard

Hi guys and Gals.

Trying to find out more about the TT Supra, so I've been directed over here from Pistonheads, where some of you may know me by the same username.

Just thought I'd say hello, and expect a lot of dumb questions from me while I weigh up between a Skyline GTR and the a Supra.

If I get a Supra, you can then expect lots of begging for technical help (like every time the screenwash needs filling up!)

So come on in here and say hello to your latest Pain in the Ass Poster :blink:

Guest KingRichard

Apparantly so. What do you drive?

ETA: I've just seen your signature! How do you find the Auto? They are much cheaper than a manual.

Hi

Each car has its own unreliability issues, it is worth taking into account how many well maintained Supras actually fail, versus the same number of stock Skylines (spun main crank bearings spring to mind)

Each car has its pros and cons.

I woulod perhaps suggest driving a few of each and make up your mind ;)

Apparantly so. What do you drive?

ETA: I've just seen your signature! How do you find the Auto? They are much cheaper than a manual.

Yes youve summed it up really, they offer excellent value for money, as you get the turbo supra experience for not so much money really. 6-speed is probably the daddy if you can stump up the cash. I was after as much as i could get for my cash tho.

The auto is very smooth and not like any other auto, its a very good box and was way ahead of its time back in 93. Its very responsive and not disimilar to the autobox found in modern BMW's, the way it feels, responsiveness and kickdown. I cant complain for the money. Worth a testdrive.

Oh also you cant really tell its an auto if you say driving alongside it, unless you look at the gearlever of course. It also has overdrive button, which is a usefull thing. Basically puts it into 3rd gear and holds it.

welcome bud.Ihad a auto,now got a 6 speed manual,both are very good,try both see how you get on.I'm loving the 6 speed now but it's up to the individual,what you are comfortable with.what ever you choose you will have so much fun.Enjoy.

these car's are soo addictive.

I have extensive experience with R32/ R33 / R34 GTR and R33GTS-t, in stock and modded formats, and MKIV Supras, and am not afraid to call a spade a spade, so if you have a specific question fire away. The MKIV has far better build quality than any Skyline, the GTR's have far more technology in the drivetrain and drivetrain electronics than a MKIV. The sequential turbo set up on TT MKIV's is brilliant for an everyday road rocket. The multi throttle bodies and shorter stroke of the GTR engines put them higher up the evolutionary scale for state of tune in stock format, blah blah.

You are more likely to find a totally rust free MKIV than a GTR unless you find a VERY low UK mileage R34.

Guest KingRichard
Welcome King Richard!!

Funny coincidence, I am on the loo with my laptop having a Richard III......;)

H.

Nice... :( ;)

hi, King Richard, im a newbie too.

auto/manual, lets face it theres not much on the road can catch either and both give you a sore neck if you hit the small pedal hard, and with all the technology about why should a human choose the ratios better than a box of tricks, (D = destination )

no stiff ( left ) leg.