The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend a Turbo Reconditioning Company

Wayney

Guys,

can any one recommend a Turbo Reconditioning company, just done a search on google and there are loads of them. Just wanted to filter out the naff ones from the good ones.

Also any one had any good or bad experiences of any

:)

Turbo Technics impressed me, they could quite easily have taken me for a full refurb - but instead they inspected it and advised me that it was fine. They then cleaned it all up and sent it back well packaged.

If I need turbo work, I will use turbo technics :)

Guys,

can any one recommend a Turbo Reconditioning company, just done a search on google and there are loads of them. Just wanted to filter out the naff ones from the good ones.

Also any one had any good or bad experiences of any

:)

What are you after, refurb,hybrid, rebuild?

I've been in Turbo Dynamics since they're just round the corner from me. In fact they did some aluminium welding for me and were very reasonable and did a good job. They certainly have all the gear there, they look like they know what they're doing.

Funny someone on here told me turbo dynamics take turbo's in with a low quote then bash the price right up after inspection to more than the turbo is worth.

Any of the turbo recon companies could do that, and not always is it an underhand practice (although it often is).

Turbo Technics refused to put it back together after I decided not to take up their final 'offer' for over five times the original estimate. So much for their 'free' initial service - you pay for the reassembly:eyebrows:

I've had a positive experience with TD (not perfect, but I'd use them again)

Beware, there are many clowns in this field.