Jake

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which might that be??:D

Jakes, when i went from the T88 to the GT4088 i lost about 100peak bhp, but the way the smaller turbo delivered its power made for a far faster street car, id never go large turbo again for a street car,

Imo have the best of both worlds, small to mid size tubby with Nos for that extra top end punch if you come up against something real fast.:)

...but Andy's makes a shed load more power.

Shame you can't have both, isn't it :(

Jake, whats the use if you can't use that power and put it to the road on everyday road conditions.

You'd probably leave most Grande powered singles round a track.

Hey Jake any chance you could add in SimonB's T35R vs. T67DBB??

Sure.

I'll be guessing the numbers from the graph but it should be pretty close. You don't happen to have the data in text/Excel format do you?

Those are RWHP, right?

Hey Jake any chance you could add in SimonB's T35R vs. T67DBB??

That would be most useful

I started doing this but soon realised that unless Ian and Simon's cars are making over 600RWHP and 550rwhp respectively these figures can't be right.

If they're Flywheel figures the comparison is meaningless.

Sure.

I'll be guessing the numbers from the graph but it should be pretty close. You don't happen to have the data in text/Excel format do you?

Those are RWHP, right?

Ah...think they are estimated flywheel...I know Ian's powertrain loss was only 8% but most seem to think the manual loses 15-20%!! (I think you all need to put some air in your tyres lol)

Ian got 580RWHP....http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1497&d=1142339607

But either way can't give you a graph :(

Guest Terry S

you need to be careful you are comparing apples with apples guys. All manifolds should be the same material etc, preferably the same dyno.