The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much was a supra when new back in 93-96?

Guest delcbr

Guest delcbr

iam looking into buying a supra they seem pretty expensive was just wondering how much they were brand new? and any advice on whether to go for auto or manual iam thinking if i start to loose the back end in the manual then iam fooked cos i cant disengage the power to the transmission and will end up spinning it off the road haha.

iam looking into buying a supra they seem pretty expensive was just wondering how much they were brand new? and any advice on whether to go for auto or manual iam thinking if i start to loose the back end in the manual then iam fooked cos i cant disengage the power to the transmission and will end up spinning it off the road haha.

As others have said, >£40k new. And I'd have thought that the auto would present you with more of an issue when loosing the back end? Again, cos they don't have this clutch thing I've heard rumours about.

What prices are you looking at to consider them expensive? It is a 3-litre twin turbo car - not exactly a Corsa/Fiesta! :)

Expensive eh??

Maybe you are looking at the wrong car then as it's the running costs that will be the biggest issue!

H.

Guest delcbr

soory i got my wires crossed i meant the auto lol if i was losing the back end i think i would spin it off the road manual wouldnt be the same problem as i can disengage the drive to the rear wheels with the clutch.

soory i got my wires crossed i meant the auto lol if i was losing the back end i think i would spin it off the road manual wouldnt be the same problem as i can disengage the drive to the rear wheels with the clutch.

:)You learn fast young paduan, sounds like you were made for a TT.

Drive safe!

i nearly lost mine last night in the wet, it was half 5 peak traffic! i think there mite of been something on the road because i go round the same roundabout everyday and it hasnt happened before... i was proper sideways! lol heart stopped for a second!

It took me a while to get used to the back end sliding out. I'm not fully used to it now. the last time it happened I was in a spin and took my foot off the accelerator and it was nearly game over. Just keep that foot planted and straighten it up.

I think:blink:

Guest Chumpalot

I would of said if anything the ideal thing to do would be to lift off the accelerator only slightly but more importantly slowly. Bringing the power down gently. If you keep it planted you're just going to keep lighting it up aren't you.

I would of said if anything the ideal thing to do would be to lift off the accelerator only slightly but more importantly slowly. Bringing the power down gently. If you keep it planted you're just going to keep lighting it up aren't you.

Not a 100% sure mate. in the heat of the moment when the clack is dribbling down your leg. Its just seems better to keep the power on and straighten up best you can. It works for me:)

I've never poo'd myself whilst driving :(

well the last time i nearly lost it i ended up just missing the traffic on the opposite side and then i was left facing the oncoming traffic the way i had come. I didnt have a sh*t but it took a while to compose my self:D

Guest delcbr

the right thing to do is press the clutch 1st!!!! to take the power away from the rear this then puts the car into neutral handling and stops the rear sliding but youve got to do this as soon as you notice the back end moving to the side a fraction too late and it wont make any difference and youl spin it i learned that at a skid control course at knockhill was good value for money i recommend it.

ive got an old mx5 at the moment as i was offered it real cheap and where i live theres roundabouts everywhere so i waited till it was quiet and drove the car on its limit whilst my left foot was covering the clutch it does work you should practice.

lifting your foot off the accelerator makes the situation worse as youl just end up zigzagging down the road trying to control the car.press clutch 1st then release your foot off the accelerator.

obviously what i meant to say in my 1st post but i wrote it down wrong was that you cant take the power away from the rear wheels in the auto so see that as being a negative to owning an auto if you like fast driving.