The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my car back from respray :)

MrHanky

Well I got my car back last night courtesy of Johnnyknox, as he had to drive it for me (thanks again matey :) ). Overall I am very happy with the job, despite the fact that I have noticed a slight patch of orange peel effect on the bonnet (not all, just a patch near the middle). The only reason im not annoyed by this, is the fact that I may get a Do Luck bonnet next year anyway. Otherwise I think the work is very good.

I was going to wait until I washed and waxed the car before I posted pics, but since I have just got out of the hospital I won't be able to do that for a week or so anyway (even though the wheels really need a clean).

The blending of the front lip has come out really well and I am also pleased with the spoiler and de-holing of the rear :)

Now I just need to wait for some sunshine as the colour looks amazing in the sun and thus far I have had bugger all sunlight to see it in :)

Roll on the weekend when Cable will be putting my Bride seats in and hopefully my new steering wheel :)

Oh and I also need to sort out a stick number plate at some point.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice mate, how much was the respray? :)

£2.6k with the blending, de-holing and wheel refurb. This was a lot cheaper than GVN's quote (though I do believe that there work would be flawless) and just a bit cheaper than Knight Racers (wasn't sure about there rep and also they were further away).

nice little block you stay in, 2 sups, 1 integra... nice

cars looking good as well.

LOL, my neighbour is away and the let us use their drive :)

The Type R is my wife's and the other Supra is my brother's (Cable) car (he's keeping it round mine for a little while).

Liking that look a lot Mark, classy colour, good choice of kit and wheels.

All it's missing is a set of facelift rears and front indicators :innocent:

Thanks very much people :)

Not sure about the facelift rears and I did actually purchase facelift indicators from that tool Lucifer, I just never received them. I just can't quite stand to buy them for a second time yet :(

Looks really good, very nice colour.

To be honest mate for the money you paid I would want them to sort out the bonnet regardless...

I will have a think about this. Might talk to him in a week or so. All I want to do at the minute is lie down :(

was it a complete respray, under the bonnet etc?

I quite fancied going from silver to black but was worried about the tell tale bits that may not be repsprayed

The bits that run along the side under the bonnet were done and all the windows and seals were taken out etc. So everything was pretty much taken care, the only sign of a colour change is under some of the parts of the engine bay. When I get round to it, im just going to sort this out myself. Not sure how yet but I will do something.

Looks top mark well done bet you are pleased :D

I am very happy overall, I just want to get better so I can give it a good wach and wax (the wheels are filthy and look crap at the minute). Im also looking forward to driving it again as its been well over a month since I last drove it and I can't drive at the minute. Hopefully by the weekend I will be a lot less sore etc and will go out for a drive :)

Thanks

Mark