The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EddieRZ introduces himself

Guest EddieRZ

Guest EddieRZ

Hi all,

Just a small introduction about me, Eddie, a car enthousiast from the Netherlands.

I'm 39 years old, 2 kids, and a BIG hart for everything that's about cars!. I'm relaxed, like to hang out with friends, go to drift challenges, get together with me family, and work on my car, which, at the moment, is a Skyline R33. :blush:

Worked at a bike store as a mechanic, worked at McD as a manager and technician and now I have been working for some 9 years in IT-related organisations. :angry:

When I have the chance, I go back to do what I like most, which is working on cars and bikes. I sometimes try to drift, but I s..k at it bigtime - progress is made, but it takes some time to get my Skyline drifting and sliding around. :D

I like anime, so I have an extensive collection of dvd's, like Initial D, One Piece, Naruto and Cowboy Beebop to name a few. I'm a big fan off actors and actresses like Zhang Ziyi, Yun-Fat Chow, Jet Li, Jessica Alba, Chris Rock, Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke - a wide collection of totally different actors, but they all have something of their own as individual.

So why do I make myself known at a Supra forum???? :think:

Well, I'm into cars, so I like a lot topcars....... and after last weekend, when I had a drive home from JAE with me mates Supra I was blown away by the car - it handled great, it accelerated like nothing I had ever driven before, and I just loved the way you sit in the cars, like inside a fighter-pilots cockpit!

I was already looking for a replacement for my R33: my first choice was a R34GTT, my second choice was a Supra N.A. and my third choice was a Supra Twin Turbo......

After my ride home from JAE, I've most certain changed my ideas: my first choice has changed into the Twin Turbo, second will be the N.A. and last choice will be the R34GTT.

Just to be fair, I've had my eyes before on the other great Toyota's: I loved to have a Chaser 1998 or a Soarer 1997 with the Twin Turbo set-up, but after the Supra ride I was convinced that that should be my next car to be......

So the next couple of weeks will be important to me - 2 vieuwers that are interested in my R33 might buy my car, so then I'm off to a Supra.

What do I hope to find at the forum? :cool:

Lots and lots of information - I've got a mechanical background, so know a lot about engines and all, but I'll be looking with great interest in all that is to know about the engine and what to change to make the car even better from the already high-end that it is a standard car.

What kinda car I'm looking for?

That will be a tricky-one - first of all it must be an automatic because of a dissability on my left leg: I'll be looking at a U.K. spec car(because of all the extra's) that's in standard trim: wheels are o.k. to have been changed, but engine-wise I like to have a standard engine that has not been tuned - like to do things myself so when something goes wrong I'm able to pinpoint where it went wrong. I drove the J-Spec Supra last week, but I was informed about, for example, the higher pressure that the Turbo's can stand because of steel-internals for the U.K. spec car over the ceramic-internals of the J-Spec.

So.... the cars for sale section will be viewed a lot when I've sold my car, and I'll be looking forward to know everything there is to know about the Supra.

Cheers, Eddie :friday:

Guest EddieRZ

Thanx all for the warm welcome! :thumbs:

And boy..... did I see some GREAT Supra's at JAE this year! :cool:

We came with these two Supra's to JAE:

3.0 N.A. J-Spec

3.0 TT J-Spec

Looking forward to getting to know more owners..... and really looking forward to owning one myself!

Greetz, Eddie :D

Guest EddieRZ
Aristo is the Way;)

Hey Tom,

Absolutely great looking car - haven't seen one of these in the Netherlands yet. We've got 1 Toyota Mark II driving around, 1 chaser,

and that's about it - not that much special cars in the Netherlands, but it's coming! :D

:friday: Eddie

:D :hello: Wow! feel like I know you already after all that :p

Welcome! its going to get confusing with all these Ed's :blink: will have to call you Ed Ned ;)

Those two supra's look very tidy, pity I missed them hiding in the marquee :(

You've made a good choice :thumbs: keep us posted on your progress with buying your first supra. I'm sure you'l make a great contribution on the tech side of the forum, it all helps ;) Hope you enjoy your stay with us, and have a VERY good sense of humour, you'l need it! :D

:lol:

Linda

x

Guest EddieRZ

Those two supra's look very tidy, pity I missed them hiding in the marquee :(

Hope you enjoy your stay with us, and have a VERY good sense of humour, you'l need it! :D

Hi Linda, :)

The black Supra is really nice - got the blackest of the blackest respray that was available: the FC that came along to JAE is the same colour.

I most certainly will enjoy my stay to the fullest when I've got my own Supra - I've already got :friends: in the U.K. and series like "The young ones", "Blackadder", "Not the nine o'clock news" and "Alas Smith and Jones" are some of me favo series ever..... damn, I start getting old - those are all old series! :haha: Alright - not that old, but it makes me laugh a lot: Red Dwarf. :notworthy

English is like my second language - try to explain a joke in English to a Dutch person, and most people don't have a clue what your talking about - just like with "Monty Python" :notworthy : either you get it or don't understand at all :conf:

I'll keep you all posted what's next - keep your fingers crossed that the R33 goes! ;)

Cheers, Eddie