The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM boost controller

robin

At some point I am looking at increasing the boost so I have been looking at various boost controllers.

So far I like the look of the AEM one best. I think it’s a 52mm dial type thing so it should be able to go in place of one of the vents perhaps?

I really don’t want to end up with a boost controller hanging out of the dash or glued on top. I would like it to look as subtle and made to fit as possible.

Has anyone had any experience with this controller? I've done a quick search and not found anything nasty mentioned.

http://www.envyperformance.com/images/stock/304350aa5.jpg

At some point I am looking at increasing the boost so I have been looking at various boost controllers.

So far I like the look of the AEM one best. I think it’s a 52mm dial type thing so it should be able to go in place of one of the vents perhaps?

I really don’t want to end up with a boost controller hanging out of the dash or glued on top. I would like it to look as subtle and made to fit as possible.

Has anyone had any experience with this controller? I've done a quick search and not found anything nasty mentioned.

http://www.envyperformance.com/images/stock/304350aa5.jpg

yeah ive got one in mine now.. once you get the hang of it.. its easy to use, seems to hold boost pretty well... you can read it in bar or psi... and has the usual scramble boost feaures etc....

Guest Nicholas
Oh nice. So I could do all 3. Off for stock, low and High. :D

Now I just need to work out where to mount it... and uh buy, fit etc.

Robin I had mine professionally mounted in place of the stock clock but using the stock clock fittings, fantastic job :)

Seems a bit crap TBH. It only has two presets and a single output, poor display (though okay for AFR).

Why not go for one of the better known, proven brands like the SBC-ID models? They at least have decent configuration via the controls on the BC and is easily switched between 4 different modes (not to mention the masses of other config available)

the SBC-ID VIII Boost Controller does look good. I like that you con monitor all the other sensors from the ECU but it is nearly double the price of the AEM and then I have to find a home for the control box thing and a screen.

What about the Dual SBC Spec R or the power entrprise one with the analouge gauge? I could proberly hide the SBC Spec R in the spare din slot under the stereo.

the SBC-ID VIII Boost Controller does look good. I like that you con monitor all the other sensors from the ECU but it is nearly double the price of the AEM and then I have to find a home for the control box thing and a screen.

What about the Dual SBC Spec R or the power entrprise one with the analouge gauge? I could proberly hide the SBC Spec R in the spare din slot under the stereo.

It all depends what you want, its nothing too special to be honest but it does the job and thats it..... Theres lots better out there.... with some of the more expensive ones you can have hours of playtime...

Basicly I am after something that does the job and looks good wihtout being too expensive. Maybe asking alot.

With the TT do you need anything extra beacause of the two turbos? Or is it all controlled from the one wastegate?

• 3 months later...

The Blitz SBC Spec R is very good and would be the budget EBC I'd choose.

The Power Enterprise boost controller was discontinued a while ago, which is a shame as it looks good.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/715/picture1kd7.png

The Blitz SBC Spec R is very good and would be the budget EBC I'd choose.

The Power Enterprise boost controller was discontinued a while ago, which is a shame as it looks good.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/715/picture1kd7.png

Yeah I agree with Nic. Although the Profec B2 is a nice bit of kit too. I still have one of the PE Boost Controllers in stock! :)

Regards,

Gaz.