PDA

View Full Version : new chick in da house

MINX
24-07-07, 23:28
Hello supra lovers , thought i say a big "hey up " and share my great news with you all ...... my better half has finally given into my demands of getting rid of his pants nissan and got a REAL car, after dragging him kicking and screaming to JAE to camp for the weekend on Celica club stand (yes i own metallic purple one ) he spotted the car of his dreams and after a 20 min spin with the guy who was selling it "Rob" hands was shook and cash exchanged and we now own a 3 litre twin turbo import in silver.
The beast has had some serious money already spent on her and we got plans for more gadgets and gizmos and wanna get her mapped and supertuned to get MAX performance and power from her.
first modification is already planned and in the process at the moment of having some custom likwid art designed to give her a little extra WOOHOO factor.
also having some custom designed grills made from a trade stand at JAE.
the car already has your club stickers on the rear quarters so pressume you may already know of the car . will try to get link sorted to photo bucket if its allowed so you can view the new toy

WOOHOO im so happy he bought it and cant get the stupid grin of my face when im driving it. i guess thats normal ?:p

Golddigga
24-07-07, 23:29
Welcome

Pixelfill
24-07-07, 23:30
Hello, and welcome.

As you say the car might be recognised on here so get some pictures up.

Mike

G-NEMIE
welcome

AndrewOW
Yes that's perfectly normal :)

Hello, good evening and welcome.

I wonder who the previous owner was!

RobSheffield
24-07-07, 23:31
Hi, welcome.

Pics might help, but what is the specification?

Jake
Hi.
Nice first post. :thumbs: You sound very enthusiastic!

I saw the thread title and though "OMG, it's going to be one of those posts". I was pleasantly surprised.

Got any photos of the car yet?

AlanM
welcome, take it easy for a wee while

TonyP
24-07-07, 23:33
:hello: and :welcome: :Pics:

Whitesupraboy2
24-07-07, 23:36
Nice one. glad you came and saw us at JAE and we got you hooked, get some pics up :)

Sharpie
24-07-07, 23:44
Hi and Welcome :)

Guigsy
24-07-07, 23:46
:wave:

MINX
24-07-07, 23:59
Thanx for the welcome
just inputted the list of EXTRAS that are on the car.
will try sort pictures out 2morrow after work.
in the mean time does anyone know if there is a supra manual available to purchase as i been told haynes only do a uk model one and we need one for an import. all help appreciated :)

Suspension / chassis;
---------------------------
Eibach pro lowering springs
Standard Bilstein yellow dampers
Carbon front strut brace

Wheels;
----------
Ace Klassik 18 “
Good year eagle F1 GSD3 front
Bridgestone potenza RE050a rear

Brakes;
----------
Refurbished j-spec callipers, front and rear
3G grooved front discs
Standard rear discs
Chris Wilson fast-road pads all round
Black diamond braided lines all round

Cooling;
----------
TRD thermostat
Mocal 10 row oil cooler (power steering)
Front mounted intercooler with polished aluminium piping

Engine;
----------
Standard internals/ ceramic turbos
Ferrea valve stem seals
RMD universal dump valve
Polished cam covers
Polished inlet manifold
Polished throttle body
Chromed boost pipes
Blue silicone hoses

Exhaust;
------------
HKS silent Hi-Power 3” straight -through cat-back exhaust
Full 3” de-cat

Electronics;
---------------
Innovate LC-1 wideband oxygen sensor kit, with XD-1 gauge
Greddy profec B-spec 2 boost controller ( bar LO,1.2bar Hi)
Blitz BLM 60mm boost gauge

Interior;
-----------
Black leather face-lift roof lining, sun visors & courtesy light
Blue LED dash conversion
“skewer” custom dials
Stainless “thor” auxiliary dials
Razo carbon-GT pedals & footrest
Black (dyed) carpet
Blue footwell neon’s
Isotta”Evoluzione” steering wheel

Ice;
-----
Kenwood HU & 6 cd changer
Focal 6 ½” real coaxial
JBL GTO 6 ½ “ front coaxial

Exterior;
------------
Stillen front bumper
Facelift front indicators
TRD-style rear ½ carbon spoiler
OEM side skirts & spats
Recently refurbed headlights

Havard
25-07-07, 00:13
Welcome Minx!

H.

supra61
25-07-07, 00:15
hi welcome to the club.sounds like your having lots of fun.long may it last.Enjoy,

juanchan
25-07-07, 00:18
I don't think Haynes even did a UK manual - they only sold just over 600 over here! There is a Workshop Manual that can help you turn your Supe into a grown-ups Lego set if you want. It's huge and will probably set you back about £50-70 if you can get hold of a copy. JohnK on here might have one if you drop him a PM.

Welcome to the club btw! I couldn't make JAE and the more I hear about it the more I'm realising what I missed!

RobSheffield
25-07-07, 00:22
You might be well off looking through here.....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=69

These are all the FAQs and guides on Supras, might save you asking questions.

You can get an owners manual copy off ebay, but its not the workshop manual.

Haynes didnt afaik do a Supra repair manual :(

KimberleyAnn
25-07-07, 00:24
Welcome :)

markymark
25-07-07, 00:50
:welcome:

j80leo
25-07-07, 14:21
hi and welcome;)

stevie_b
25-07-07, 14:42
Welcome to the club! Good to hear you've come in from the dark side! :D

neil tt
25-07-07, 15:32
:welcome: any:Pics: yet:d

Bob
25-07-07, 18:12
Hey hun, glad you're enjoying the car :D I was sad to see her go, but at least she's going to a good home!

I've sent Paul the V5 and various paperwork (MOT, Alarm Thatcham confirmation, WBO2 instructions, etc), should have landed with you by now :) When I'm back home, possibly this weekend, I'll put together a parcel for you and Paul containing the various extra parts I've got lying around!

Sheefa
25-07-07, 19:51
Congratulations. You got an absolute bargain of a car. Bob has always done the work on it himself I believe, or the majority of the time anyway, and his enthusiasm and expertise can clearly be seen in that beautiful beast. You won't be disappointed! :)

He's fixed my car many a time too, in fact, he's still on my pay rosta! ;)

Good luck and enjoy.

Greg

Nicholas
25-07-07, 19:54
welcome :)

markssupra
25-07-07, 20:01
:welcome: Well done, you wont regret it. :)

MINX
25-07-07, 21:39
Hey hun, glad you're enjoying the car :D I was sad to see her go, but at least she's going to a good home!

I've sent Paul the V5 and various paperwork (MOT, Alarm Thatcham confirmation, WBO2 instructions, etc), should have landed with you by now :) When I'm back home, possibly this weekend, I'll put together a parcel for you and Paul containing the various extra parts I've got lying around!

post man left card this morning to say we gotta go collect mail so pressume thats what it is. thank you very much Bob your a star and a very brave dude for parting with the keys to your pride and joy, dont worry she will be looked after well and like i say we already have plans in the pipe line for some work to be done, its all good fun especially as the costs are all coming outta pauls bank account tee heee;)

Cheers again 4 the warm welcome will get some pics sorted this weekend as we planning a major megs detailing session with the new toy and of course my PPE two stunning beast's on drive , it dont get better than that :tongue:

just outta curiosity anyone know if its a "toyota only" part to get the small blanking plates that go in front of the gear stick there is three slots and we are two covers short also where can we get the clear plastic/ glass that goes over the dials on the dash as we dont want little fingers twiddling with the needles when there dads not looking .
(can see it now we think we got full tank of juice and son tampered with needle and really the fuel tank on empty Nightmare thought but never say never !)

Pete
25-07-07, 21:46
Hi and welcome.

See here - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=118862&highlight=switch

Toyota only part.

Can you do me a favour and not use pink/purple as I use the blue template and can't read your writing without highlighting it first.
Thanks.

MINX
25-07-07, 21:53
Thanx for the link pete unfortunatley i cant post in that section 2 see if the guy would sell if he still has them.
for some unknown reason i cant pay my £10 and become member is there an easy way to sign up and part with pauls wonga or can i only sign up after i done my first 25 free post's? :d

is there any colour font i can use?
as black is boring lol

SupraStormRising
25-07-07, 22:17
Hi and Welcome :d That's a nice supe you've bought!

Pixelfill
25-07-07, 22:18
Thanx for the link pete unfortunatley i cant post in that section 2 see if the guy would sell if he still has them.
for some unknown reason i cant pay my £10 and become member is there an easy way to sign up and part with pauls wonga or can i only sign up after i done my first 25 free post's? :d

is there any colour font i can use?
as black is boring lol

Looks like you are now fully paid up under your name it says club member.

Try posting in that section again ;)

Mike

Conrad
25-07-07, 22:38
Hey Minx, awesome looking car you get there and welcome to the club!

Here's a pic off Bob's for sale thread so that you don't need to bother posting up yourself! ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/robwilson256/DSC00096.jpg

MINX
25-07-07, 22:56
YEY thats our baby :d:d
thanx for that conrad

woot woot we now a paid up member :yahoo:

Ian Ian
25-07-07, 23:41
;) Welcome Minx nice colour too :);)

Cheers
Ian

Nic
26-07-07, 01:57
Can you do me a favour and not use pink/purple as I use the blue template and can't read your writing without highlighting it first.
Thanks.

:yeahthat: same here

Welcome to the club Minx :thumbs:

Bob
26-07-07, 07:25
just outta curiosity anyone know if its a "toyota only" part to get the small blanking plates that go in front of the gear stick there is three slots and we are two covers short also where can we get the clear plastic/ glass that goes over the dials on the dash as we dont want little fingers twiddling with the needles when there dads not looking .
(can see it now we think we got full tank of juice and son tampered with needle and really the fuel tank on empty Nightmare thought but never say never !)

oops! You'll only need one plate to cover the active spoiler button hole - the other is for the fog-light switch that I forgot to back in! I'll stick the fog-light switch and plastic dial covers in the post :)

Paul372
26-07-07, 07:50
:welcome:

gavin.starr
26-07-07, 17:46
welcome to the club hope u enjoy it.

gav

kieren1234
26-07-07, 17:56
Welcome to the club. good to have another lady member on board ;) haha. :d

MINX
26-07-07, 20:36
Thank you Bob your a star ;)

ok next 2 question's......
(1) we need two new rear tyres within next month any good places to purchase from on line ?
as local prices are VERY VERY scary £360 for 2x bridgestone ones same as whats on rear now.

(2) anybody got PIAA bulbs in the front of there car if so is the feedback good or bad?
we just ordered 2 pairs at £75 per set from "motorscope" is that the going rate ?
all advice appreciated :)

oh and kieren1234 i aint no lady, BUT i am all woman ;) LOL

Bob
27-07-07, 06:20
I bought the Potenza RE050a's from mytyres for about £150 each. Give Ibrar from the forum a try (TyreLogic) - he usually gives good prices. Welcome to the expensive world of Supra ownership, and the lack of disposable income that goes with it! ;)

MINX
29-07-07, 23:06
the supra is now alarm free at the moment. and neighbours aint happy with us.:(
it decided to throw a wobbly at 3.05am on a sunday morning and pressing the fob to unlock and re lock did nothing it continued to scream its socks off for nearly 2 hrs only stopping every 4 mins for a 10 second delay , each time it paused i was thinking yes its stopped but sure enough it started screaming its nutz off again,i checked all the windows boot bonnet and air vents couldnt find any reason for it go crazy like it had .:search:

might i add ere paul slept thru it all until i rudley woke him !
we had to eventually remove car from the drive and drive it to the middle of nowhere so not to disturb neighbours anymore as there was serious curtain twitching going on lol.
after playing wiv fob and alarm etc for best part of an hour in middle of no where we decided to brave it and park back on drive. but neither of us dare lock it up just incase it went crazy again so we just put CCTV on her and went back to bed.

took supra out mid morning to get fuel only for it to throw a wobbly again
shishh its amazing how fast folk go from drooling over your car to giving you strange looks when your car screaming its nutz off. after a couple of phone calls we managed to track my big brother down to come and kill it!!!!
we had to resort to cutting the wire to the alarm unit . but then we wasnt sure after cutting wire if it would put immobiliser in permanent dead mode. but thankfully the car did start and we was able to drive her home.
now we both anxious incase anything else is liable to go off on her at daft o clock . i dont think neighbours will be happy at all should anything else wake them . i can see the funny side of it now but i must admit i didnt at 3am this morning.

we know with all cars you get teething problems but wasnt expecting it to be so loud .least it proven one thing that the alarm and immobiliser dont work on the same circuit. we are both really shocked we could get car started and drive it when the alarm was going off.

HELP AND ADVICE is now needed what after market alarms does everyone have on there cars good and bad please share as much imfo as possible as we need to get the silver beast fully protected again ASAP.
thank you in advance for any advice to be given :)

juanchan
29-07-07, 23:17
Sounds like an old alarm! My alarm says that it when triggered it will sound the alarm in 10 lots of 30 second bursts to meet with European noise regulations.

My sister once set the alarm off on her corsa (we didn't even know it had an alarm!) and proceeded to drive it home with the alarm going off the whole way.

Matt Harwood is probably your best bet on here as he ran Sextons until recently. I'm completely useless technically with cars, especially when it comes to electronics so I'm afraid I can't help you!

JZ TWINS
30-07-07, 05:35
Welcome. Nice car

SupraRacer007
30-07-07, 05:43
I'm happy for you! ... and I remember when I first got my Supra twin turbo. There's nothing like our cars is there? I'm new here too, but saw your post and wanted to say hi and welcome! ;)

Supragal
30-07-07, 08:37
Welcome :) You may find you get more alarm help if you post up in another area - try Ice Technical or Supra Chat. :)

markrzs
30-07-07, 10:00
Hi Minx, welcome to the club and a Yorkshire lass ! :)

SilverMachine
30-07-07, 10:45
Hi and welcome!

Mike
30-07-07, 11:08
:hi: Welcome

kieren1234
30-07-07, 11:28
Welcome.