THOR Racing

Which day or days do you prefer?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which day or days do you prefer?

• Sat 20th Sept
    • Sat 27th Sept
    • Oct 4th
    • Oct 25th

Saturday October 25th - 11 Brindley Rd, Bayton Rd Ind Est, Exhall, Coventry, CV7 9EP

MAP

THOR Race Engineering are opening their doors to the club for a day to try out the 1600BHP Dynapack chassis dynamometer and to talk about the services we can offer.

Open to all fellow Supra owners, friends and family. Normal runs are £60 but with the club discount you get a run for £50.

See just how bad or good your Apexi, Blitz or HKS gear has been setup, then rectify it.

There will be a burger van on site and we will be doing power runs all day. First people on the dynapack should be there for 8am

We are in Coventry, 5mins from Jn3 off M6, onto B4113 Bedworth,

Left at Roundabout, 2nd traffic lights turn right, 3rd left onto Brindley Rd, 1/2 way down is THOR on the left.

We can only accomodate up to 15 power runs in a day, so if you are interested please book your slot now by emailing [email protected]

Regards

Pete

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. we have.....

PAT (Devlin ?)

PULSE

ROY

BALDY (Simon)

LOVATT

ADAM W

STEVE

Booked. No particular time, just first come first served. Sort it out amongst yourselves.

I will keep editing this post with new attendees.

Pete

ps. If any takes would prefer the 4th Oct I'll do a mini-dyno day just for you guys. The main event is the 25th.

We're trying to get to the GTi Performance Show at Stoneleigh on 5th Oct and will be at Jap Performance RWYB on the 12th Oct.

Originally posted by Patrick_Devlin

Fast and M40 :)

I'm at Jcn 3 of the M40. We could probably meet up at Bicester or somewhere like that?

How about Bicester services, Burger King carpark just off the roundabout/behind the Esso?

What time?

-p

Originally posted by MfS

I wish I could be there to try out the new turbos, but I'm skint and the car is in Belgium atm. :innocent:

You've got a month to get it back :) I think you should come along too.. we can have that Bicester mini-mini meet again :)

-p

Pete,

are there any spaces left at all fo rthe 25th?

i'd like to give the little beast a run

will it be limited to one run each as i normally pootle round at about 1.0bar but wouldn't mind what seeing what she puts down with the dsbc cranked up a few clicks to perhaps 1.2 and just see if all is safe to do so

excellent thanks pete.

any idea as to whether i can have more than one single run?

ie

alter dsbc setting and try a run at 1.2bar to just check out fuelling.

(I've not driven car above 1.05bar mainly as I've not had it that long and am treating car with care, but would be happier knowing if the fuelling was ok at this higher boost level for future use/abuse)

If you turn up early then yes. We can do up to 6 runs per car, but to be honest the runs are so repeatable that 2 normally is sufficient.

We can change the boost settings per run, provided it's just a button press.

We won't have time to TUNE your boost controller or AFC.

Regards

Pete

:(

Ho hum. My car isn't going to be ready in time for this, some of the parts required won't be coming in til 1/11..

So I might keep it as stock, and use this as a 'baseline' run to see exactly what the modifications give the car. Can also answer the question definitively - is a J-spec REALLY 280BHP? :D

-p