The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hks coilovers

Guest goldcrest

Guest goldcrest

Hi all I love the site seems to be loads of info which is a good thing I bought a set of coilovers for a mkiv but im lost as they are height adjustable but not damper adjustable they have valves in the bottom of the shocks and the guy I got them from said you pump air into them I just dont know can anyone point me in the right direction as im dying to put them on my car have a look at the attachment you might reckonise them and I cant find out any info on google

Thanks guys :search:

02e2_1.jpeg

178e_1.jpeg

08b0_1.jpeg

Guest goldcrest

No all is written is in Japanese I bought them from a guy on e bay paid good money he was selling them as a hyper kit I didnt know any different but thet are deff off a mkiv as he got one anyone translate ??:search:

I don't recognise them, you're right though Rob they look a higher spec than the Hypermax, more Performer spec, they are definitely not the current Performer model though.

Don't think they are a current or recent model from what I can tell.

Guest goldcrest

Hi and thanks for the replies so far I to thought they might be a bit old but the condition is brill and what I see is RobSheffield shocks has the same valve what are you supposed to do put in air if so how much I ain't got a blooxy clue again your help is most appreciated :search:

they DO NOT HAVE AIR pump in them, its nitrogen that is used in the shocks. but do not attempt to check the pressure using a normal tyre pressure gauge as you will loose all pressure within seconds. i have hypermax 11 fitted to my car and the pressure in them is 70psi but i have not as yet found any data to confirm the correct pressures.

Guest goldcrest

Thanks mate but yet again im in the dark any Ideas of where I could get them regased and how much do I put in I paid over five hundred quids for these and unless I find someone that can do it im in the deep smelly brown stuff Its my own fault I rushed into this without doing any research help if you can pls guys but cheers for all the info so far :)

the valve on one of them is not tight so does that mean they are useless then if so Ive been sold a pile of sh*t

Is it the valve it self that is loose or just the dust cap ?

you have two choices:

1/have them fitted then check handling/cornering or

2/ send them to someone like chris wilson to have them checked over.

• 3 months later...
Guest goldcrest

Hi all and many thanks to those who replied to me sorry for not being around for a while had a few domestic issues to deal with Chris you say you can regas them but I cant afford to send them all the way up to you as I live near Brighton.

I've found a tyre place that has a nitrogen compressor they are happy to pump them up but again I'm not sure of the pressure they run I know I'm totally useless with this kinda thing but I dont know where to get the info from sorry I hope some one can help as I'm skint and at the moment working on my car is the only escape from my probs but enough about that cheers guys your a great bunch of people and I know if you can help ye will do ;)