The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rain has un-stuck my side skirts

Alex C

All this incessant rain has caused my veisldie skirt to come away from the bonding stuff used to stick it on near the front arch. I know the skirts are not the best fit (the other side has a slight gap) but this looks poo as you can see three specific lumps of the glue.

Is there anything I can buy off the shelf that might re-stick it quickly? Don't want to have to have somewhere take the whole skirt off and re-bond it :(

No these were fitted a few (maybe as many as 4) years ago by the previous owner. Whatever has held them on was in three globs...the rest of the kit is fine so I imagine is pretty decent bonding / glue of some sort. I'll try some tiger seal then thanks...just have to wait for some dry weather to sort it:rolleyes:

Guest CoolsBlue
Thats not good, rain shouldn't do that. Cant believe the japs use double sided tape, crazy. I hope you get it sorted.

so do mercedes! when i was working at a garage for one week i was watching this guy take of the nice trim of the door, and behind it was 2 small strips of it, and it was a pretty new merc to..but for side skirts, lol