The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rota GTR'S on Supra?

Sparky

You sure it was me? When I used to work in Bellshill, the fire station opposite my work had one almost identical in the car park but I'm sure he had Toyota OEM skirts / spats on his too. Same year, colour etc and his wheels were slightly different, he also had the very rare rear upper spoiler.

Cheers,

Brian.

I think it was your car, I think this was the one my mate Kenny had that used to be a big single?

You sure it was me? When I used to work in Bellshill, the fire station opposite my work had one almost identical in the car park but I'm sure he had Toyota OEM skirts / spats on his too. Same year, colour etc and his wheels were slightly different, he also had the very rare rear upper spoiler.

Cheers,

Brian.

Be careful.....

I bought Rota GTR's for my standard suspension Supe early in the year and on the only offset for a Supra the rears hit the arches !

When I double checked, others had had the same problem.

Tyrelogic exchanged them for some different wheels (still not without problems) see:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=105407

See Chris Wilsons wise words "only buy after you have seen / droven them on YOUR car" !

I think they look great though....

Cheers

G

sorry. I posted almost the same time as you so didnt see your post. Hmm might have to look into diferent wheels if they scrape!

Take my (CW's) advise, don't belive any manufacturer / trader (as the traders get their info from the manufacturers) on newly out wheels.

Have you seen the 5Zigens that Envy do ?

I think it was your car, I think this was the one my mate Kenny had that used to be a big single?

Yeah that's my car but I'm never really out Hamilton way, hence why I mentioned the other car - Kenny heard about that other car cutting about the area too, remember chatting to him about it.

Cheers,

Brian.

By the way guys these wheels will require arch rolling to avoid scraping on all but the stiffest of suspension setups - they catch the outer lip of the arch (plenty of room inside the arch). It's the price you pay for a nice 'looking' offset that fills out the arches properly.

I've not yet had my arches rolled but I do intend to change to drag coilovers, so will see where I'm at then. They scraped a lot when I first got them but only very rarely now - the mileage must've deformed the lip that was catching slightly such that it no longer catches.

Cheers,

Brian.