The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got Done Coming Back From Jae!!

Havard

After a great weekend at JAE we set off back in convoy. My mate Ste did the first stint back to Corley Services and we all said our goodbyes to the Midlands/Wales lot. I then took over the driving and we debated which was the quickest way north and everyone said the M6 toll. I being a real clever dick said that I'll save £4 and go M6 as I thought it would be just as quick.....:D

We had a couple of 100+ lepton surges and then settled back down to 80 ish. Just before J14 we see a Police Volvo on the hard shoulder and we slow down a bit. Just as the copper is getting back into his car he clocks the Supe and obviously the postage stamp front plate......:rolleyes: I then had to decide.....do I come off at J14 and disappear into the A roads or carry on up the motorway as it would take a while for him to catch me, or even if he was really bothered about the plate??

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2750/pict1000xm9.jpg

I played the optimism card and failed miserably. He caught up really fast just after the junction and overtook us but didn't put his lights on. He slowed down and we overtook him at about 65. Then we get the curly finger.....:( If that wasn't bad enough, I had actually beaten the convoy up the toll road and they all came past as I was being done.....:D

The £30 i just saved on my aircon re-gas has just gone out of the window and it's ironic as I had only said to Pete and Ed that it was only a matter of time before I got pulled....:rolleyes:

Question is (Doug/Steve). I now have a fixed penalty that I must pay within 28 days. Fair enough, its £30 easy come easy go!! What if I don't do anything about the plate. Can I still get fixed penalties or will they throw the book at you eventually?? I have no idea how I'm going to get the plate off

as it seems to be glued to the holder. I can't seem to get at it from the back either?

(Sign of a good weekend..LOL!

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9721/pict1003rg0.jpg

I would appreciate some advice on what to do. Maybe have the plate painted on? Or get a square one for the front??

H.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to Hear that H. It seems a bit petty of the copper to stop you really, must have been having a slow day.

I didn't think you could get a fine for a non standard plate. When I got done for my plate a while back I just got a rectification notice and not a fine.

I had a spare plate the was legal, stuck that over the plate that was already there, took it to an M.O.T. place to get the rectification notice stamped and then took it straight off again.

Unlucky dude. And to think that all those cops in Wales paid no attention to us at all! He must have been having a very slow day. I know some people with under-size plates who have been stopped for other reasons and not had the plate mentioned. It could have been the italic writing he doesn't like as the speed cameras can't read it :D

Isn't it three strikes and you're Q-plated?

Sorry to Hear that H. It seems a bit petty of the copper to stop you really, must have been having a slow day.

I didn't think you could get a fine for a non standard plate. When I got done for my plate a while back I just got a rectification notice and not a fine.

I had a spare plate the was legal, stuck that over the plate that was already there, took it to an M.O.T. place to get the rectification notice stamped and then took it straight off again.

They had already started writing the ticket before I got in the Volvo....:rolleyes: Once they do that, there is no going back.!!

They did the old good cop......miserable no personality or blood in my veins cop routine...:D I tried to get out of it but they were having none of it. I bought the car with that plate on and have kept the legal one on the back seat. I thought I would have got a VDRS from my time in the fuzz. I asked them why they felt the need to fine me as I don't need warning twice!!

I must have upset them when I seemed really impressed that it was only £30.....:D I said "Well nevermind, I've lost more down the back of the couch"!!

H.

They had already started writing the ticket before I got in the Volvo....:rolleyes: Once they do that, there is no going back.!!

They did the old good cop......miserable no personality or blood in my veins cop routine...:D I tried to get out of it but they were having none of it. I bought the car with that plate on and have kept the legal one on the back seat. I thought I would have got a VDRS from my time in the fuzz. I asked them why they felt the need to fine me as I don't need warning twice!!

I must have upset them when I seemed really impressed that it was only £30.....:D I said "Well nevermind, I've lost more down the back of the couch"!!

H.

Unlucky man, devious twats coppers, so what is the above??

Unlucky Paul. Like others have said he must have been having a bad day or just being really spiteful cos ive not (although im going to jinx myself now) had any attention from the police about my complete lack of front plate.

That was one of my moans on the way home. You and Turbonut don't even bother with plates and get away with it....:D

In fairness it was quite funny as the two coppers probably felt really petty as I lectured them as to how I used to do things....:sly:

H.

I had to laugh when MartinR told me about getting stopped on the way. He'd just been going a little fast when he slowed down a little and saw some white in a hedge.

Drove by it and of course it was the police who then stopped him.

They said he was doing 86mph, to which his reply was "Was that all?" :rlol:

He was just relieved he'd slowed down from what he was doing I think.