The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi - Just Starting my search for a Supra

Guest tibs

Hi,

Seems like a nice forum you have here :)

Well i am starting my search for a Toyota Supra and this club seemed a good place to start.

I am looking for a TT BPU with low ish mileage but i need to sell the wifes car first.

Does anyone know of any dealers/trade that take PX. I really only can afford to do a straight swap give or take a few hundred hear and there. I think the upper limit would be 7k.

I understand the import has lower power than the Uk model as standard. Is it noticeable when driving ? Has anyone experience of both of them compared as standard. I also drive a 54 WRX but find it a little boring so i could do with a weekend car for a little fun. I would be looking for some decent mods on the car. I am not to bothered about the age but teh facelift models interior seems nicer ? Mileage wise i wouldnt want more than 70k

If anyone has any pointers it would be really appreciated. I am ready to buy if i can just sell this car, hence i would rather just trade in and get on with Supra ownership :)

Cheers

Tibs

Hello there fellow West Yorkshire person.

The JDM Supra doesn't really have less power than the UK model. The JDM has ceramic blades in the turbo as opposed to the heavier, and therefore slightly slower to spool, steel internals of the UK cars.

They are also lighter cars too!

Where in WY are you? There is a meet at Squires Cafe in Sherburn-in-Elmet on the 7th August. They'll be plenty of Supras there and you can ask us a bunch of questions in exchange for coffee and pasties.

Thanks for the top tips on the power. just doing some more reading didnt know it was just a cover up on the BHP front :)

I am based just outside wakefield.

I am willing to travel for miles if i can trade in and get a decent Supra.

Hi,

Seems like a nice forum you have here :)

Well i am starting my search for a Toyota Supra and this club seemed a good place to start.

I am looking for a TT BPU with low ish mileage but i need to sell the wifes car first.

Does anyone know of any dealers/trade that take PX. I really only can afford to do a straight swap give or take a few hundred hear and there. I think the upper limit would be 7k.

I understand the import has lower power than the Uk model as standard. Is it noticeable when driving ? Has anyone experience of both of them compared as standard. I also drive a 54 WRX but find it a little boring so i could do with a weekend car for a little fun. I would be looking for some decent mods on the car. I am not to bothered about the age but teh facelift models interior seems nicer ? Mileage wise i wouldnt want more than 70k

If anyone has any pointers it would be really appreciated. I am ready to buy if i can just sell this car, hence i would rather just trade in and get on with Supra ownership :)

Cheers

Tibs

7K, you going with auto? Try and hold out for an enthusiasts car on the forum. Also BPU TT under 70K miles, you might be stretching the budget there slightly, there is a nice BPU in the for sale section tho.

Welcome to the club Tibs :thumbs:

The lower advertised power figure of the j-spec Supra, was due to the Japanese car manufacturers agreement at the time, not produce cars above 280hp. The actual figure is higher at around 320hp similar to the UK spec Supra.