The mkiv Supra Owners Club

(pics)Got My Car Rolling Roaded At JAE (Few Qst)

mplavery

Hello ppl

As alot of you know from a recent thread i just got my car fully BPU and while i was at JAE i thought i would have a Dyno.

The outcome was 357.4 bhp on low boost and 375 bhp on high boost, 307.2 ft/Ib low and 346.8 on high at the wheels. Flywheel they said about 440bhp on 1.2 bar. I was hoping for a bit more.

Anyways a few things. They said it was running Lean on high boost slightly and it pinked once or twice. I think i have got that sorted as i think the walbro pump is for a uk not JJ but for some reason some1 has made it fit the jap tank before you ask.:search:

Also he thinks that i have a diff from an auto on my manual:search:

He said when he selected manual tt (as mine is) on his computer, the revs did not match up, but as soon as he selected auto it all matched.

So i dnt know if he is correct or not. If he is, is this an advantage or disadvantage ????

He said as well as sorting out my fuel pump, its best for me to get a fmic as well, which i will be doing.

i was hoping to reach 400bhp, (from what i read) but maybe when i sort a few bits out i will be closer.

When ppl tell what bhp their car is, do most ppl say what bhp is from the wheels or flywheel ?

Unless you ave cams & injectors/ecu mods, the fwhp figure is a little high IMO. Normal for a 6speed at 1.2 bar is 330-360 rwhp (which equates to 400-430ish flywheel hp), based on the 'reliable' SRR results over the last couple of years.

Thors dyno is renowed for overeading, though this time it does seem about right!

I really wouldn't spend any time getting worried about dyno figures. All you need to know is that the fueling is okay, your egt's are okay and it's boosting correctly :)

thanks homer what do you think of them saying about me having a auto diff ?????should i worry...seems silly to me. another thing since ur always helpful mate, when ppl say what bhp the car is running, does every1 respond from what there running from the wheel

Was it Pete that gave you that advice? He has more experience of Supra's than most on this board so would not really doubt his word.

One easy way of testing (provided you have a GPS device) is to measure the speed you hit the rev limit in say 3rd and 4th gears (do not use the rev counter as a guide, just wait for the limiter). This can then be calculated to see what the final drive ratio is and therefore which diff you have.

When discussing BHP figures in the pub, everyone will use the (estimated) flywheel figure as it's bigger :D This is also the figure that is quoted by all manufacturers on their cars.

However, in our terms (where 99.9% of us don't ever use a proper engine dyno) we should normally talk about rwhp when comparing cars. After all, that’s what gets transferred to the road.

I did not get the guy's name from Thor who told me about the Auot Diff. But when driving to JAE i was using a TomTom and its about 4mph off all through the rev range so i guess its right. Thanks for confirming the BHP. I just felt that if i said its 430 BHP from BPU, ppl might think its from the rear wheels and know im a lieing B***ARD...LOL