The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rear seats won't fold down

stevie_b

When I pull the knob up to fold the top of the seats down, they won't budge. They never have as long as I've had the car. Any ideas as to how I can free it up? I guess I need to expose the cable (or whatever's on the other end of the knob) to find out why it's not doing its job.

From searches I've done on here, it sounds like you need to fold the rear seats down to remove them completely, so that's not an option for me (i.e. can't remove them for better access to the cable mechanism).

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Pull away the boot carpet and remove the standard sub box or foam if you dont have the standard sub behind the seat, this should give you access to the three bolts IIRC.

Unscrew the three bolts and remove the backing from the seat, most likely the plug will have just popped out and is not pulling the cable to let the seat down :).

You'll see what I mean when you remove the backing from the seat.

Thanks for the advice Supe :thumbs: . It turns out I was just being limp-wristed with the knob by not pulling it up enough. I removed the lower section of the rear seats, and gave the knob a good pull. Down flopped the seat.

I'll note your comments if I ever need to do that though.