The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tt.....what do i do??

msearle

had my na 6 speed manual for about 3 months.bought a nice set of wheels, and spent abit of money on general tlc.am very happy with it.then i saw a tt auto for £6500 in a dealer near me.never driven a tt before ,so blagged a test drive.wow.i am totally hooked by the power! has an uprated turbo,arc fmic ,hks exhaust,filter...etc.whish i never drove it....i really want to px and buy it.is it worth the extra petrol and insurance???? just spent lots on my own car that i wont get back!! wot to do????:rolleyes:

have a word with jezzybabes and he will do you a full tt engine transplant with all accessories for £3000-£4000 and its all fitted at that :):):)

Thanks for the plug, but i notice he already has a 6 speed box, so it would only be £3000 to upgrade the engine to TT. ;)

Seeing as you paid £3600, and the car is now in good nick (as you said youreslf you've spent a bit getting it getting it the way you want it). A further £3000 will get you a 6 speed TT just the way you want it ;)

Total cost, less than a good 6 speed TT in the first place!

While its being done you can go for upgraded parts as you like, as its easier when its apart.

but he'll never see the money back if he does an engine swap...i would assume he´d struggle to sell a car if its registered as a NA and has a TT engine.........might put the majority of people off.

If he pays a small amount extra and actually buys a TT and looks after it, he might not lose any money at all when it comes to seeling it on in the future.

You never want to be left with a car you´ll struggle to sell or have to sell for a ridiculously low price.

The TT is gonna be more expensive to run but as everyone else has already said.....you definately wont regret it......

If it's a TT, what do you mean by uprated turbo? Sounds weird to me

:yeahthat:

Get someone who knows to check it all out with you - sounds like normal dealer BS to me. It MAY be uprated, but get him to tell you what is uprated about it and produce documentation.

Lots of people have fallen for this type of line before...