The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2007 - all discussions in here please

Branners

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great day (apart from the weather being naff early on), didn't join the stand as I had to leave early and didn't want the hassle of being blocked in.

It's the first time I've been to JAE and the first time my Supra has been to a show. Saw some really nice Supra's today, including an orangey one - loving that colour!

Roll on next year, maybe I will get the chance to meet more of you.

:cool:

I just got back and it was soaking wet, it spoiled the day as there was so much mud. Then again it was good as it was my first time at JAE, would have stayed the night but had other things to do :D. Gaz and Wayne's cars look beautiful. Didn't introduce myself to many people but saw quite a few members with name tags. If your going tomorrow bring some wellies!!!

I want someone to video all the supra's leaving JAE as the way out is a killer with the bumps/uneven road. I was in a bloddy astra and i was all over the place, then again the astra is crap :D

:iagree:

The exit is bad, thankfully my car isn't as low/stiff as it used to be, it must be a nightmare for some of the ultra low cars - unless they take a short cut across the grass that is.

Got to say I had a really good time today. Lots of things on the club stand to keep people interested. The show n shine trophies were good and the tribute to Rik worked well.

And to cap it all we won the Best Stand award. Well done to everybody that helped towards the weekend. Same again next year?

JB

Definately. :thumbs:

Had a great day, thanks to Steph, Pixelfill's (Mikes) other half for taking my daughter under her wing she had a really great time whilst I helped with the judging and the presentations.

By winning best stand just sums up what a great club this is. The tribute to Rik was great, and congratulations also to those who collected the club trophies today.

For those who toughed it out the whole weekend you have my upmost admiration, but it looks like you all had a good time.

:)

Yup, great weekend. Weather was gash apart from today, but hey you cant win them all.

Met lots more people, i wont name them as im bound to leave someone off, nearly all nice and hugable. The odd tosser but what do you expect, every club has to have a token tosser.

Drunk lots, ate lots :D Feel baaaad, i think ill just buy a whole lettuce and eat that to make up for the junk i have consumed the last few days. Some really nice cars as always, blackpool car was laughable thou :D

The rev off was a great tribute to Rik :)

Big thanks to all involved, the missus sends her thanks too :)

Bring on next year!

Best Stock JamieG

Best Engine Bay Mr Lover

Best Modified Supradibbs

Best Overall Car Gaz1

Rik Gardiner Memorial Rob Wild

This was awarded on the basis that Rob, much like Rik had done much of the work on his car himself, and was a worthy winner.

Thanks to all for a great time, It was absolutely brilliant. The rain didn’t bother me one bit, that maybe related to my wellies and voyager though :)

The Rik rev off was great, very emotional. Thanks to dragon lady for looking after me while I shed a quick tear. :hug:

Still got my name badge on lol! Well done to all the winners, you all deserved your prized. Good choice mods.

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Brilliant weekend, shame about the weather on the Friday and Saturday but it still didn't spoil it and meant that Ray and Ian could have their mud wrestle :D

Thanks to Tom for organising everything and Ian for the chilli and the curry (and for getting us there) :thumbs: