The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you let other people drive your car?!?!?!

suprattgaz

Just interested how many of you allow others to drive your pride and joy? My thinking is I will let them have 1 go, as it is probably a once in a life time chance to have a go in a very powerful and fun car (with Ferrari performance, but how many people know Ferrari owners?!). I suppose I kinda feel privalidged to own such a beatiful car, and want others to enjoy it too.

Obviously they have to be covered insurance wise, and I will have to know them, and their driving skills before letting them drive it. To date I rekon I have let 10 - 15 people drive my car, mostly close mates or car club memebers.

Funny thing is 6 years ago I wouldn't let anyone drive my Nova SRi?!?!??! How weird and funny is that?! Maturity I suppose.:innocent:

Anyway - what do you lot do?!:blahblah:

Oh, forgot to mention - I HAVE to be in the car. I couldn't let them drive it without me in there. I kinda need to feel the power of passennger " go on give it all the way to 6800" or "careful of this corner, it tightens as you enter it"... etc.

Apart from a car park, where it is fully AWESOME to hear your (and see your) car being driver around - priceless!!!

I've no problem with other people taking my car out - they pay for what they damage!

Missus regularly drives it (and I get to drive her RX7!) and pops has taken it out too...

Its a very enjoyable hunk of metal, why not let other people enjoy it too! Makes them even MORE jealous when they KNOW how good it is :)

I would never let anyone drive my pride and joy, except when i am mapping it. Even then it is only one person, who's driving i trust, and who helps when i am working on my supe.

Also it makes you feel special knowing that only you get to drive her ......HARD!

My wife drives mine all the time, usually back from the pub when I can't:d Although, I did have to have a word when I heard my pride and joy go racing off down the road the other day, when she decided to take it without telling me, to go shopping:taped: It was the first time I had heard the RSR from outside the car though, so I let her off:)

My wife drives mine all the time, usually back from the pub when I can't:d Although, I did have to have a word when I heard my pride and joy go racing off down the road the other day, when she decided to take it without telling me, to go shopping:taped: It was the first time I had heard the RSR from outside the car though, so I let her off:)

haha :rlol: