The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Test day at Brands + big thanks to Tony Green

SteveL

Having put the car on a diet recently, and then putting my self through appendicitus, I thought it was time to get back on track and get things sorted for next weekend at Knockhill for the next round of timeattack... so off to Brands we went.

Fortunately having a very experienced race driver ( Tony Green - Whifbitz's drift driver ) and a very talented pit man ( PeterP ;) ) on hand we made the most of the evening session yesterday.

we tore up the circuit ... and got the car handling much better.

So much so that by the end of it I took Pete out and he went very quiet!!!

So, having removed an additional 70kg and running a better race trim and a much better rear wing ( thanks Terry S ) the ol' girls really starting to come together.

Hopefully I can do the Supra owners more justice at Knockhill ....

and my main sponsor, who's experience / advice and hard work have got the car to where it is now.

So a big thanks to Paul and Daz for working on the car, and to Tony for making a better driver of me!

my wings bigger than yours.jpg

PICT0002crop.jpg

PICT0011crop.jpg

PICT0010crop.jpg

no offense, but when you first started this, I thought you said that it was not sponsored by WhifBitz, etc...?

Looking good though! Keep us up to date..

For the timeattack, it's always been sponsored by whifbitz mate, I've never said otherwise...!?

Having put the car on a diet recently, and then putting my self through appendicitus, I thought it was time to get back on track and get things sorted for next weekend at Knockhill for the next round of timeattack... so off to Brands we went.

Fortunately having a very experienced race driver ( Tony Green - Whifbitz's drift driver ) and a very talented pit man ( PeterP ;) ) on hand we made the most of the evening session yesterday.

we tore up the circuit ... and got the car handling much better.

So much so that by the end of it I took Pete out and he went very quiet!!!

So, having removed an additional 70kg and running a better race trim and a much better rear wing ( thanks Terry S ) the ol' girls really starting to come together.

Hopefully I can do the Supra owners more justice at Knockhill ....

and my main sponsor, who's experience / advice and hard work have got the car to where it is now.

So a big thanks to Paul and Daz for working on the car, and to Tony for making a better driver of me!

You kept that rear wing quiet! Get that carbon front splitter I gave you on there! Tony said you were all well pleased with the way its going, Tony's a great driver coach isn't he. Did you have any rip ups with that Viper?

Ah cool, she used to have a SC'd blue GTS, frequent TOTB competitor.

If you want to save more weight get Paul to source you a Titanium exhaust :)

Nadine aparently is driving a 'friends' car - what ever that means.

Didn't get a chance to chat with her - which would have been nice.

Yeh - the exhaust is on the list - just don't tell Paul!

All on order is it? :)

... nice - looks like the sponsorship is looking up ;)

You kept that rear wing quiet! Get that carbon front splitter I gave you on there! Tony said you were all well pleased with the way its going, Tony's a great driver coach isn't he. Did you have any rip ups with that Viper?

... wanted to surprise you - but you couldn't make it.

Splitter probably will go on at knockhill - dunno if I'll get time to fit before then.

Tony's ace - superb coach - his enthusiasm is awesome.

I've used a few coaches in the past but he's the dog's :cool:

Didn't see much of the viper, but I do remember chasing it down but when thing were going to get interesting she came in to the pits :(

Gonna have to get the rex out there, that'll be fun chasing.

Recorded a 56.60 lap , vmax 195 kmh down the start straight.

Wasn't the best one though as the performance box didn't record the last session :(

I feel a Trust TiR exhaust coming on, you'll probably lose 15kg there approx. Super Draggers weigh some!

We'll have another test session between Knockhill and Brands, we can see what there like against each other there. Might have to borrow your Vbox, just been reading up about that, looks well handy!

How do you find the Toyos give you grip wise with the single? With mine I couldnt spin them up at all out of 2nd - so I had nothing but grip :) I like the single kit you have also.. is it performing well? :)

Got any video? Would be nice to see some footage of your car tearing it up.

How do you find the Toyos give you grip wise with the single? With mine I couldnt spin them up at all out of 2nd - so I had nothing but grip :) I like the single kit you have also.. is it performing well? :)

Got any video? Would be nice to see some footage of your car tearing it up.

Toyo's are awesome, the grip is astounding.

But, you have to run low pressures - as Tony directed - so I was only running 28psi hot. Couldn't get them to break away under braking and tail slid was very minimal.

Video - yep maybe next session at brands we'll have time to get some footage.

The single is superb - it spools like a monster when you run the right boost, its never off boost as the circuit mainly demands 3rd and 4th gear.

Interesting, I was running mine at 36, probably not a good idea with faster driving when I think of is due to the heat and higher tyre pressures when driving faster. I'll try sub 30 next time and see how we get on.. although like I said I didnt have too many issues grip wise :)

That would be the kit to what I would try if I ever went single I think... more than enough useable power to have some fun on the track :)

Keep up the good work!

Interesting, I was running mine at 36, probably not a good idea with faster driving when I think of is due to the heat and higher tyre pressures when driving faster. I'll try sub 30 next time and see how we get on.. although like I said I didnt have too many issues grip wise :)

That would be the kit to what I would try if I ever went single I think... more than enough useable power to have some fun on the track :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

you need to setup the tyre pressures after a couple of laps first off. ( he says trying to to make you suck eggs !! )

I normally go out for 2-3 laps - going reasonably quick but allowing everything to warm up. Then drop into the pits and check pressures.

Normal road use I'm running 33psi all round, this climbs to 38psi after the initial warm up. Then I drop em down to 28psi and can happily run all the time on this.

As for the turbo, theres plent of power as it is, but bigger injectors and another pump would net even more.

I only run up to 1.5bar nut that thing can go to 2bar! I've found running at 1.5bar plenty for track use as it starts to get very hairy at that point so theres little point in more power.