The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A realistic Price

Daston

Dont worry not selling her yet but maybe next summer.

Do you think I would get 12k+ for her?

Details:

White 1995 RZ Twin Turbo six speed.

65k miles.

Body Work:

Genuine Vailside Skirts

Top Secret Nose

Border II Wings

Racing Hart CR's (no marks or scratches at all)

All sitting on new Eagle F1's

Engine/drivetrain

Complete Decatt and aftermarket exhaust

Apexi induction kit

FCD

Walbro Fuel Pump

New Clutch and flywheel.

Complete service with full belt and fluid change 1000 miles ago.

Service History.

Like most imports there are only a few dribs and drabs of history. I have all the receipts from services and parts scince I have had her and the previouse owner also kept some reciepts but not all. There is also a log/service book from when it was in Japan.

Heres some pics to remind you (some parts like the wings and nose cone are not sorted yet but will be doing that over the next few months)

Will be planning on joining my old man with a griff 500 and tuning the hell out of it.

Unfortunately your looking at the lower end of 11, most buyers these days arent as educated as us enthusiasts, they want the 'newest' and latest models even though their getting a heap of sh*t that they will lose 40% on as soon they leave their showroom.

That and fuel prices are our downfall.

The Supra would have retained its value if importers didnt start flooding the market with n/a's and people doing budget single conversions with mickey mouse engine builders!!

Rant over;)

Unfortunately your looking at the lower end of 11, most buyers these days arent as educated as us enthusiasts, they want the 'newest' and latest models even though their getting a heap of sh*t that they will lose 40% on as soon they leave their showroom.

That and fuel prices are our downfall.

The Supra would have retained its value if importers didnt start flooding the market with n/a's and people doing budget single conversions with mickey mouse engine builders!!

Rant over;)

So er..... is it "that and fuel prices" that cause Supra prices to drop or the huge number of NAs? Seems like a bit of contradiction there.

It's funny - I've seen the comment before that NAs bringing down the price of "Supra's" - but I don't really understand the logic when it's applied to TTs. If there are a million NAs in the UK now (of course there aren't, but anyway) - why would that reduce the price of TTs? They are pretty different cars.

There are a huge number of Porsche 996s on the road, and hence you can now pick them up pretty cheap. A decent 996TT will still cost you £50K though.

Oh I've infuriated an NA owner....:D

Well consider this....what type of people generally want to own a Supra...

Guys/gals into performance cars, generally younger folk, and boy racers.

Now picture I'm 18, want a supra, see a TT with 300bhp for 15K, and an NA..probably underpriced for 5K....with 220Bhp...well you can just shove a dump valve on the NA and an induction kit and mag power exhaust and it will be same power!! Whoohoo jobs a good un!

Then they find this place and realise it aint gonna happen...traders happy, and thinks why import a tt when I can sell 3N/As quickly and make better profit!;)

The fact of the matter is, the TT was the flagship, it has the reputation, that the N/A would never have had if it wasnt developed.

As for the porsche comment, well the porsche is generally not f*cked about with, hence they retain their value

yeah nose cone will be fixed or changed for a Border II one. If I get my money off Lloydes its going to have the full kit to go with the wings. I will be in no rush to sell at all may be a few years down the line anyway as I only just got her.

Oh I've infuriated an NA owner....:D

Well consider this....what type of people generally want to own a Supra...

Guys/gals into performance cars, generally younger folk, and boy racers.

Now picture I'm 18, want a supra, see a TT with 300bhp for 15K, and an NA..probably underpriced for 5K....with 220Bhp...well you can just shove a dump valve on the NA and an induction kit and mag power exhaust and it will be same power!! Whoohoo jobs a good un!

Then they find this place and realise it aint gonna happen...traders happy, and thinks why import a tt when I can sell 3N/As quickly and make better profit!;)

The fact of the matter is, the TT was the flagship, it has the reputation, that the N/A would never have had if it wasnt developed.

As for the porsche comment, well the porsche is generally not f*cked about with, hence they retain their value

Most n/a's are underpriced...Its essentially the same as a TT, a bit slower granted but more reliable and generally has less fookin about done to it! Dont get me wrong if I had the money I'd be gettin a single T. But n/a's for me as everyday drives are awesome.

Dont worry not selling her yet but maybe next summer.

Do you think I would get 12k+ for her?

Details:

White 1995 RZ Twin Turbo six speed.

65k miles.

Body Work:

Genuine Vailside Skirts

Top Secret Nose

Border II Wings

Racing Hart CR's (no marks or scratches at all)

All sitting on new Eagle F1's

Engine/drivetrain

Complete Decatt and aftermarket exhaust

Apexi induction kit

FCD

Walbro Fuel Pump

New Clutch and flywheel.

Complete service with full belt and fluid change 1000 miles ago.

Service History.

Like most imports there are only a few dribs and drabs of history. I have all the receipts from services and parts scince I have had her and the previouse owner also kept some reciepts but not all. There is also a log/service book from when it was in Japan.

Heres some pics to remind you (some parts like the wings and nose cone are not sorted yet but will be doing that over the next few months)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/godaston/DSCI0048.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/godaston/DSCI0049.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/godaston/DSCI0050.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/godaston/DSCI0047.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/godaston/DSCI0057.jpg

Will be planning on joining my old man with a griff 500 and tuning the hell out of it.

OOh mate , white is IMO the best looking colour out there!!

Good luck if you sell.

Looks like a nice clean car; the supra does look good in white. As others have said fix the nose. It might just be dirt or the photos but the rear bumper looks a darker shade of white. Maybe it needs a T-cut? Either way if someone is looking to part with a lot of money they should be looking for these things and it could be construed as a possible accident repair.