The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wheel offsetts..know owt about em? .stuck.

pezzerr

i am trying to buy a set of antera type 349 wheels sizes

20x11 rear and 20x8.5 front.

i have seen them on a supra in the states and it looks great.see attatched pics..

trouble is... one dealer sayin ok other saying that because the offset is ET25 they are worried about the rear fitment when i should be lookin at an offset of ET 45 for the rear of this supra..

what does it all mean and where do i go from here. i want these wheels ....!

thanks for any help you can give me .

DSC07827.jpg

DSC07829_edited.jpg

As you can see on the pic 20x11 +25 rear wheels will stick out way past the wheel arch and rub over every bump. It is also illegal in the UK to have the wheels stick out past the wheel arch like that.

20x11 +45 offset is still going to stick out past the wheel arch, you would need overfenders to make them legal.

20" wheels, of that width and with that offset are going to completely screw up the handling of your car. Personally I would not go for anything bigger than 18" diameter.

Stock supra offset is +50 on a 9.5 inch rear rim

If you stayed with 9.5 rear width, and used +45 offset, it pushes the wheel 5mm out, and helps fill up the arches a bit more.

Im not sure about fitting 20inch diameter rims with 11inch width on a supe though. Might be a case of wheel arch rolling perhaps ?

I always use this website to determine what the correct offset is required:

http://marksink.com/tire_wheel_offset/offset.html

thanks for the great advice guys, must say i am a bit disapointed but there you go. dont want to spoil cars handling or have to mess with body etc to fit wheels just for the sake of a look..

will look at a more conservative 18-19inch wheel same model and see how they look..

thanks again

As you can see on the pic 20x11 +25 rear wheels will stick out way past the wheel arch and rub over every bump. It is also illegal in the UK to have the wheels stick out past the wheel arch like that.

20x11 +45 offset is still going to stick out past the wheel arch, you would need overfenders to make them legal.

20" wheels, of that width and with that offset are going to completely screw up the handling of your car. Personally I would not go for anything bigger than 18" diameter.

Nic, an offset of +45 with JJ of 11, is pretty much equivelant to an off set of +32 with JJ of 10 and the guys here with the Wed's wheels pretty much have the above offset and only encounter rubbing when running 285's on the 10jj's which can easily be resolved with a little bit of arch rolling:)

So the above 20" wheels will only rub if he goes for tyre's bigger than 285's on the 11's (285's are the actual reccomended size for 11jj's). This is also dependent on the brand of tyre.

When choosing my Racing Hart CR's I went for very low offset's to get a much wider stance look, I compared them to Wed's and all sorts just to get the right offsets etc.

So bascially, If you want those wheels in those offset's, they will fit aslong as you choose the right tyre, You'll have a stretched fitment look with the 285's just like in the picture you posted, again this is dependant on trye brand.

Id personally go no larger than 19's bud.

ive seen a lovely set of alloys which are

18" 8.5J front and 9.5J Rears, with a +20mm offset, i am going to stick 275 on rears and 235 on fronts, so will these stick out of a stock supra? I am going to be getting veilside offenders fitted so will that be alright? Im still on stock suspension and springs? Baffling me all of this! :search:

i had the guy in I.T change the clour scheme of the car you saw in my first mail so i could see what my car would look like if i took the same kit and wheels and put it in my colours.

if anyone interested,take a look here, i think i will go ahead with it but on 19s.

red.JPG

ive seen a lovely set of alloys which are

18" 8.5J front and 9.5J Rears, with a +20mm offset, i am going to stick 275 on rears and 235 on fronts, so will these stick out of a stock supra? I am going to be getting veilside offenders fitted so will that be alright? Im still on stock suspension and springs? Baffling me all of this! :search:

It will be fine with the over fenders as long as the arches are rolled/Cut.

I don't think JJ means what you think it does mate. It's nothing to do with the wheel width.

I think JJ refers to a certain flange shape? Am I wrong?

I should however have said 10jj and not a JJ of 10 as in 10" wide, flange shape JJ (An error on my part). Im acustom to adding JJ at the end of the wheel width size i.e 19X10jj, I've always writen it down like that and its the correct way of refering to a wheel.

JJ Shape flange's are normally used for passenger vehicle tyre's.

Yes, it's pretty damn obvious and I dont need to state JJ at the end of width number, but it's just something im use to.

• 4 months later...

with my standard car and no arch rolling, if i go for 19 inch wheels what exact sizes would you reccomend i ask the wheel shop for to give me the widest best looking stance for the car without causing any problems.

thanks for the help

perry

Nic, an offset of +45 with JJ of 11, is pretty much equivelant to an off set of +32 with JJ of 10 and the guys here with the Wed's wheels pretty much have the above offset and only encounter rubbing when running 285's on the 10jj's which can easily be resolved with a little bit of arch rolling:)

So the above 20" wheels will only rub if he goes for tyre's bigger than 285's on the 11's (285's are the actual reccomended size for 11jj's). This is also dependent on the brand of tyre.

When choosing my Racing Hart CR's I went for very low offset's to get a much wider stance look, I compared them to Wed's and all sorts just to get the right offsets etc.

So bascially, If you want those wheels in those offset's, they will fit aslong as you choose the right tyre, You'll have a stretched fitment look with the 285's just like in the picture you posted, again this is dependant on trye brand.

Id personally go no larger than 19's bud.